Legacy GM Is there alternative to execute_string?

T

TDSrock

If you want to do this, you'd have to figure out a way to parse the text on your own to something game maker can understand.

However it's not unlikely that there is a better way to do what you are trying to do.

Surgeon_

Symbian Curator
Well IF you're going to use the parser, at least use the download in the new topic, because the topic @Aura linked is outdated now. Other than that, if you'd describe your problem in more detail maybe we could help you create a workaround which doesn't include execute_string() because code parsers are terribly slow.

Bukmand

Well IF you're going to use the parser, at least use the download in the new topic, because the topic @Aura linked is outdated now. Other than that, if you'd describe your problem in more detail maybe we could help you create a workaround which doesn't include execute_string() because code parsers are terribly slow.
I will see if I got into problems, This will help me a lot, Now I can send strings from server to client to fix my codes, instead of reuploading the game for a single bug code every time. You are awesome, who do I credit?