• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Is there a way to use the application surface as a surface

W

Wild_West

I don't know if I'm phrasing this right I only just started looking at stuff about surfaces today. But is there a way to make it so I can capture the application surface of the game and assign it to a variable so I can freeze it and have it fade away into the next room using an alpha decrease.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
application_surface is an actual surface. You can draw/copy it to other surface without any issue.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
What's the command though?
surface_copy or surface_set_target+draw_surface+surface_reset_target. New surface would have to be created via surface_create.
Other option would be to create a background\sprite from application_surface via background_create_from_surface\sprite_create_from_surface and later remove them.

W

Wild_West

surface_copy or surface_set_target+draw_surface+surface_reset_target. New surface would have to be created via surface_create.
Other option would be to create a background\sprite from application_surface via background_create_from_surface\sprite_create_from_surface and later remove them.
Ah okay so you just have to copy what's there already. I was thinking the app's surface was a different kind of graphical deal because of the texture page thing I looked at after surfaces.
Thanks. :D