• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Is there a way to set the default animation speed for sprites?

In preferences you can set the default playback type to either frames per game frame or frames per second. When you first install it's set to frames per second with a speed of 15.
I've set the default to frames per game frame, but there doesn't seem to be an option to set the default speed so it ends up being 15 frames per game frame which is super fast. Way to fast.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a config file I could edit to change the default speed?
For example under C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\[USERNAME] there is a json file called local_settings.json which holds the default anim type for new sprites but it does not have a value for speed. Does anyone know if there is a line I could add that file to also set the speed?

Any help is appreciated. If it can't be done the next question is where can we make feature requests for GMS2?