HTML5 Is there a way to replace the HTML5 "loading" screen?

M

Mobie

I would like to make a custom loading screen for my HTML5 game. When someone goes to my game, I'd like to show a custom screen while it is loading instead of the standard loading screen that has the progress bar. Is this possible? I've searched around in GMS2 quite a bit but can't find a way to make this happen.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
What you need is a custom 'loading bar extension' written in JavaScript. There are some examples of this on the GameMaker Marketplace and tools like the Mobility Engine provide this functionality too. Notably, you need to ensure that the custom loading bar is compatible with both desktop and mobile devices.

M

Mobie

What you need is a custom 'loading bar extension' written in JavaScript. There are some examples of this on the GameMaker Marketplace and tools like the Mobility Engine provide this functionality too. Notably, you need to ensure that the custom loading bar is compatible with both desktop and mobile devices.
Your site and products look really nice! I played Danger Light for a bit and was impressed, your artwork is beautiful. The Mobility Engine looks awesome and I may buy it.

My main issue is that my scaling code does not load until after the loading bar so the loading bar looks terrible on small screens. The game fits all screens just fine, I just wish I could do something with the loading bar. It's an educational game meant to be used in classrooms, so it is not for cell phones, but people often check it out on their phone anyway. I've written code to deal with all of that but have no control over the loading bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I have made some examples of loading screens for HTML5
You may find plenty of these from various authors.

M

Mobie

I have made some examples of loading screens for HTML5
You may find plenty of these from various authors.
Awesome, YA. Thanks so much!