• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Is there a way to redisplay the side tabs?

L

Luke Polidori

Hello there, I am new to gamemaker and long story short, I hit the x's on the left and right tabs that allow you to create and edit objects, sprites, etc. I have searched this program for around 15 minutes and have not found a way to restore them. I even re-installed and made new projects, but they still won't show. If any of you guys have a fix to this problem I would greatly appreciate it if you share it with me. Thank you in advance.

hogwater

Menu at the top. Windows --> Resources will open the Resources dock. You can also use Alt + S to create a sprite, Alt + O to create an object, etc.

L

Luke Polidori

Menu at the top. Windows --> Resources will open the Resources dock. You can also use Alt + S to create a sprite, Alt + O to create an object, etc.
Thank you for the quick response. For whatever reason, I haven’t seen that menu at the top that says: “file”, “menu”, etc. on my computer, but I have seen it during the YouTube tutorials that I have watched. Do you know why this might be happening? Anyways, thanks for informing me about the keyboard shortcuts, I’ll look into them for now.

hogwater

Hmm, if you don't have the File menu I don't know what to tell you. Haven't had that happen! Press F1 to open the manual and see if it has anything to say about something like that in the IDE sections.

L

Luke Polidori

Thank you so much for the help, I will try to look in the manual when I get home. Otherwise I think I’ll probably just try to install it on the Microsoft Bootcamp portion of my Mac; it will probably display the file menu there.

gnysek

Thank you so much for the help, I will try to look in the manual when I get home. Otherwise I think I’ll probably just try to install it on the Microsoft Bootcamp portion of my Mac; it will probably display the file menu there.
Why Bootcamp, when you have native Mac IDE ?

upload_2018-2-5_9-48-47.png

If you are in fullscreen, just touch top of screen with cursor and menu should dropdown.