• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Is there a way to prevent DOUBLE LOADING?

A

alexwaston

Sometimes my students load the same game in multiple times when they're trying to double click.
This can cause my classroom PCs to freeze...and even Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work.
I end up having to hold the power button in for 3 seconds and restarting a PC.
Double load / PC freezing my seems more prevalent with the newest version of Game Maker Studio
(1.4.1757) (04/14/2016)

Tags: lukas graham 7 years lyrics, black beatles lyrics, treat you better lyrics

Last edited by a moderator:

Cpaz

Sounds like old hardware and an old os. Could you list both of those?
Needless to say, if a desktop is having issues running Game Maker games, it's old. Or the game is horrendously unoptimized.

A

Aura

This is not something that you can control per se. If you double-click to run the game multiple times, it's standard and expected behaviour of the OS to run multiple instances of the game.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I vaguely remember a similar topic a few months ago. I sadly can't find a link to it, though, and I don't remember if/how a solution was found either, but it's a problem more than one teacher has been having.

Just to make sure... you mean double-click as in doubleclicking a list menu in this window, not doubleclicking the desktop icon of a project file?
upload_2016-10-2_1-1-9.png