1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Android Is there a way to pay for actual support?

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by ChopperCharles, Oct 20, 2016.

1. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Member

Okay, I'm not having any luck getting support from the community so far, and I'm wondering if there's a way I can pay YoYo Games for support. I can't get any of the advertising demos to work, nor can I get anything running on my android device. I'm becoming exceedingly frustrated, and I'd really like some resolution before I go full "F-This" and look for a different solution entirely. Is it even possible to get real support from YoYo games?

Charles.

2. Good luck.

3. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Member

There's no support email address on the yoyo games site, so I'm spinning my wheels with no idea how to proceed. :/

Charles.

4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

You could also mention ShaunJS, Mike etc in this post and see if they could enlighten you.

I would do it for you but I've mentioned ShaunJS a few times recently and I'm sure he's getting fed up of me summoning him into threads like a genie haha! He has responded quickly and fairly each time with an answer to my questions, so probably worth a try.

Lonewolff likes this.
  5. jackhigh24

jackhigh24 Member

im surprised no one has told you this yet but you cant test the advertising demo's on windows, there for mobile devices only, so your real problem is you cant get a game to compile or run to your android device, there are plenty of tips here in the tech forum on how to get it up and running, or maybe just post up what you have setup so far and what happens when you try to compile or try to test on your device.

6. Demen

Demen Guest

Hello Charles,
    did you have any luck contacting them?
    I have troubles with compiling for android too so i would like to contact support also. Haven't been able so far.

Marco.

7. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Member

No, due to life issues and work issues I have abandoned game development for the time being :(

Charles.