Design Is there a way to manipulate the size of a room while anchoring the before state?

If anyone is familiar to Paint.net, there is a way to anchor your image and have the area where the image will be increased being whitespace, completely ignoring your work. This is what I am talking about.

1613681686268.png

Is there anything similar to this feature in GMS 2.3.0.529 (the specific version of GMS I am currently using) ?

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Is there anything similar to this feature in GMS 2.3.0.529 (the specific version of GMS I am currently using) ?
Yes.

filler
text
so
the

joke

won't
get

cut

off

by

the

max

newline

thing

Specifically, you click the "four arrows" symbol on the Sprite Editor to resize a sprite, switch to "resize canvas" (the default option is "stretch" which you don't want to use) and then input a new size. Make sure to click the top-left corner anchor point (the default is center, which means the image is expanded in all directions with the current graphics in the center).

Also, resizing a room by increasing its size is similar to the behavior you're asking for, but I don't think it's what you're looking for.