• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - GML Visual Is there a way to convert a project from gml to DnD?

M

MrFox

Hi,

When importing an old GameMaker: Studio project on GameMaker Studio 2, the project is automatically converted to a GML project.

I know that it is the normal behavior because DnD objects from GameMaker: Studio are not stored the same way as the ones in GameMaker Studio 2.

My question is: is there a way to then specify that the project is a DnD one? It is annoying to have to convert each time newly created events to DnD.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Sorry no. There is no annotation (info on how the DnD element is made) once it's in GML form, so we can't take it back into DnD.

Jobo

GMC Elder
We will look to add an option somewhere that lets you toggle the project type (this ONLY affects new resources) after creating the project.

M

MrFox

Thanks guys. This will be very helpfull for those like me that are working both with Dnd and GML.