• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED Is there a way to check if there is no input on a gamepad?

T

TechnoAddict

The way I'm changing my sprite to idle in my game is I'm seeing if there is not input to the keyboard and set it to the first index of the sprite. I was wondering if there was a way to do that on a gamepad?

T

TechnoAddict

Thank you I figured it out. I realized I was checking just checking the axis value and not if the axis value was equal to 0.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I recommend you simply have a set of actions(up, left, jump, attack, etc...) and then let the player assign inputs to those actions. Then, you can check just for those actions instead of worrying about checking for all possibly gamepad inputs.

Not being able to customize controls is one of those almost deal-breaker kind of things for me to play games on PC.