• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Is there a reason paypal has been removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
Hi folks (and yoyostaff),

A whole while back I bought myself GameMaker Studio: 2 and some modules using paypal.

Now coming back a while later looking at buying the web module I saw I couldn't pay using paypal anymore.
My question is: Is there any specific reason for this?

I only get the option to pay using a credit card now, which I don't have.
The only options for me now are to get the more expensive steam version (I don't get my master 50% off there, only 40%), or just not get it at all. I think I'll stick with the latter for now.

Would be great if someone could clear this up.

Roderick

It's been discussed before.

YYG are currently working on their payment providers (official announcement in this topic) and trying to make more of them available. PayPal should return once it is done.
What I gather from it is that they're redoing how PayPal connects/interacts, and it will return when it's done. And if anyone knows how long it will take, they aren't authorized to say publicly yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.