• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Is there a ... fwooosh speed preference for IDE?

Tsa05

I've noticed that Ctrl+ALT+Left and Ctrl+ALT+Right allow me to quickly move to different panel things, and Up and Down move between chains.

This is great--it's like stepping "into" and "out of" code; the concept matches the movement. Actually, I think you've got to tell more people about it when they complain about navigating the workspace.

Only thing is, there's this strangely long pause as the view picks up speed. I can rapidly tap around, and then I've got to sort of wait for the view to fwoosh its way to the new position to see if I've wound up on the right panel.

Could you make that animation much, much snappier? I think it'd solve a lot of workspace navigation woes

G

Guest User

i don't know how to modify it, but if i had to guess it's probably one of the animations that gets disabled when ticking 'Disable IDE transition animations' in Preferences > General Settings. which'll make the fwoosh instant from what i can tell (as mine seems to be).

Reactions: HW.

Tsa05

i don't know how to modify it, but if i had to guess it's probably one of the animations that gets disabled when ticking 'Disable IDE transition animations' in Preferences > General Settings. which'll make the fwoosh instant from what i can tell (as mine seems to be).
Perfect! That's the one!!!

Reactions: HW.
H

HW.

I also like "Disable IDE transition animations" !! :)

Just knew this from IndianaBones from another forum thread "1.4 vs 2", BEFORE reading this thread lol. :p