• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Is the script limit really necessary?

S

Sinaz20

I understand trial limits on most assets, but the 10 script limit is a bit much.

I've been coding in GML and making script-heavy games for nearly 9 years now... I'd like to be informative with the beta, but this is a hard habit to change... especially when I'm happily coding away with limitless scripts in 1.4 on non-beta projects. I jump back to GMS2.0 and feel like I can barely finish writing the functionality for a single object.

I'm sure a lot of people have no problem writing code directly into event code blocks, but my brain is locked into re-usability.

Please reconsider this one limitation.

S

Sinaz20

Am I missing something... I'm in the beta... and there is no full option for beta.

I'd just like to be able to test a little deeper than 10 scripts.

I'll be upgrading my professional collection when the time comes, I'm just trying to divide my time between development in 1.4 and testing in 2.0

A

Aura

The GameMaker Studio 2 Trial licence is designed to let you explore the IDE and learn how to use the product. Once it is fully launched, the limitation should get removed.

S

Sinaz20

I imagine the desktop beta shouldn't be too far off. I'll just wait.

R

RealityShifter

Yeah it's harsh, I'm sure their plan is to loosen things up as time goes on, like they did with the current version. Though anyone who already uses game will enjoy the upgrade I'm sure, so should buy it. So for most having to use beta currently if a formality.