• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Development Is mobile release with 1.4 still possible?

Son-Benji

Hi please could I know, if I’ve made a full game with gamemaker 1.4, is it still possible to release it for iOS and Android?

I have tried importing it to gamemaker studio 2, and although most of the game works perfectly, some minor changes have occurred which I do not know how to fix at all.. Mainly to do with shaders

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Not anymore. Both the Android and iOS exports in GMS 1.4 stopped being compliant with Google Play and iOS store specs in 2019.

Son-Benji

Not anymore. Both the Android and iOS exports in GMS 1.4 stopped being compliant with Google Play and iOS store specs in 2019.
Damn.. thanks so much for the reply though. By any chance do you have any idea about this issue I’m having since importing to gamemaker studio 2?

Son-Benji

ah okay thanks man. Do you know anything about shaders? And would you be able to tell me why some that worked in studio 1.4 won’t work now? Did Something change in how they run?

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Make sure the shaders are still set to the correct language (GLSL ES, GLSL and HLSL are three different languages). They might've defaulted to GL ES in the conversion process and it's harder to find where you change it in GMS2. There's some additional quirks like vertex buffer format mattering more than before (e.g. draw_rectangle fails to draw if your shader expects texture information) that could come into play too - these things should fail mostly silently (you'll get "Draw failed because invalid input layout" console errors) instead of crashing the game so they're not immediately obvious though.

GMS2 uses GL ES 2.0, GMS1 uses GL ES 1.0 - there might be some differences but it should be basically backwards-compatible.

(HLSL is the microsoft-specific "High Definition Shader Language" which has a completely different syntax than GL, so it shouldn't even compile if you have a HLSL shader set as a GL language. GL ES is the "GL for Embedded Systems" language, it's very similar to GLSL but has less features (in exchange for being compatible with basically anything with a screen) so GLSL code might or might not run properly as a GL ES shader and vice versa)