Is it worth to upgrade from GMS 1.4 to 2? (Android Export)

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Flighter1990, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Flighter1990

Flighter1990 Member

Hello Everyone!

Currently I have some Android games made in GMS 1.4. I really like GMS 1.4, however now it's discontinued, so there is no new updates that would fix some annoying Android Export module bugs. And also, new Google Play policy will require to implement ARM64 support, however GMS 1.4 don't support it.

So my question is it worth to upgrade to GMS 2, since there is also 50% discount on mobile export module. I would be really glad to read Android developers opinion, because I want to know how GMS 2 compares to GMS 1.4:

- Is it better, or at least the same in terms of performance (GMS 1.4 have huge problems with GPU left over time)
    - Is it more stable and less buggy than GMS 1.4 (1.4 have huge problems with Android 6.0 export, and also with few other things like gradle errors)
    - Do it support extensions like Google Play Services or Google Analytics?
    - Is there any problems with ARM64 export?
    - Can I easily export my GMS 1.4 projects to GMS 2?
    - Does anybody know how long current 50% discount will remain?

Thanks in advance for all answers! :)