• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Is it still possible to develop for out-dated Android devices in GMS 2.3.1?

O.Stogden

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if it was still possible to develop for older Android devices in 2.3.1?

I tried developing for a 32-bit Android device that I have, running Android OS 4, as I'm part of a community that develops for older devices just for fun. However it returned an error about unknown architecture (I'm presuming GMS can't make 32-bit APK's anymore, even with ARMv7?). This was on Android SDK 29, and NDK 21.

I downloaded and switched to Android SDK 23 and NDK 16, which is closer to the settings I used in GMS 1.4 to develop for the same device, however this time I get a Gradle error, which looks like it's related to the AndroidManifest file. I can post the log up here if someone wanted to see it.

If it is the case that GMS 2.3.1 can't build for older Android devices, could someone tell me what the latest version of GMS is that could? I looked through the release notes, but couldn't find out where 32-bit support was dropped entirely.

Thank you!