Question - Downloading Is it possible to remove marketplace assets from your library?

Massimog

I have a lot of old assets I don't use anymore that I'd rather not have clogging up my library. I know I can delete the local files and just view what I have downloaded, but I was wondering if there's a way to remove assets entirely. I have old assets I'd like to delete from both GM:S 1.x and GM:S 2.x

rIKmAN

I have a lot of old assets I don't use anymore that I'd rather not have clogging up my library. I know I can delete the local files and just view what I have downloaded, but I was wondering if there's a way to remove assets entirely. I have old assets I'd like to delete from both GM:S 1.x and GM:S 2.x
Unfortunately not, they are tied to your account so it would take some backend work to allow that and still keep the stats for publishers, prevent people removing paid assets from their accounts by accident etc.

Maybe a better option would be a “hide” feature in the Marketplace IDE browser like in Steam so you don’t see anything you have marked as hidden.

That requires no messing with the backend code and would work just as well I think.

Massimog

Unfortunately not, they are tied to your account so it would take some backend work to allow that and still keep the stats for publishers, prevent people removing paid assets from their accounts by accident etc.

Maybe a better option would be a “hide” feature in the Marketplace IDE browser like in Steam so you don’t see anything you have marked as hidden.

That requires no messing with the backend code and would work just as well I think.
Alright thanks. It is possible to filter to just what you have downloaded so I suppose that works well enough as a "hide" feature.

rIKmAN

Alright thanks. It is possible to filter to just what you have downloaded so I suppose that works well enough as a "hide" feature.
Yeah it'd work if you downloaded every single asset that wanted to "show" beforehand, which isn't ideal.
if you go to : https://accounts.yoyogames.com/purchases, and click more info, you can tick hide in library, would that work for you? I just noticed this.
Where are you seeing the tickbox to "hide in library"?
When I click more info all I see is the Publisher Name, a link to the EULA and a link to the Order Ref.

EDIT:
Seems you can only do that with free extensions, not paid - which makes sense.

Thanks for that tip, I never noticed that before - don't think I've visited that page before actually.
Can finally remove a load of garbage from clogging up my Library.

bandicam 0005.png

I noticed that some entries do not have a tick however.

Im unchecking a ton of them now to see how it looks in the IDE. Hopefully this may be a solution

Yes, your right. None of the paid have tickbox. I had a ton of free ones clogging it up (gms 1.x mostly), and in the IDE I see only the paid assets (gms 1.x & gms 2.x). At least we can drain the swamp a little this way. But still, be nice to be able to choose if we want ANY of them to show. It's just a tick for display purpose and would not affect the backend & accounting.

rIKmAN

Yes, your right. None of the paid have tickbox. I had a ton of free ones clogging it up (gms 1.x mostly), and in the IDE I see only the paid assets (gms 1.x & gms 2.x). At least we can drain the swamp a little this way. But still, be nice to be able to choose if we want ANY of them to show. It's just a tick for display purpose and would not affect the backend & accounting.
I'd guess not having the tickbox for paid assets is because (a) Why would you want to hide one you'd paid money for?, and (b) to prevent loads of helpdesk tickets from people who had hidden a paid asset and forgot and were wondering why it wasn't showing in their Library anymore.

I also have loads of free stuff I've checked out and was either broken and never updated or not very good that I can now hide.
Great find though, as I said I didn't even know that page existed so thanks again!

It would be nice if that same tickbox from the purchases page could be added into the My Library section of the GMS2 IDE, although you can directly open My Purchase History from the Marketplace menu so it's already there I guess.

EDIT:
Actually scratch that, I can't seem to login or use any of the menus when opening that page using the in-IDE browser.
Can you test that your end?

@Nocturne, should I report this or are YYG aware?

Last edited: