• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Is it possible to have two windows in one game?

• Thread starter FranksterTheGrankster
  • Start date
F

FranksterTheGrankster

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to have two (or more) separate windows in one GameMaker-Studio executable? And would they be able to interact with each other i.e. if a global variable is changed in one window it is changed in the other. This is probably a long shot, but just wondering, thanks in advance.

Thanks,

curato

you could do views and have two windows in effect in one application. If you want two separate game maker studio apps to synchronize you would have to do it almost like a multiplayer and have it synced by a file or database or something.

NightFrost

I'm not even sure if any OS lets single processes open multiple windows, but I'm no expert in that field. Gamemaker at least doesn't do this. Your best course of action would be to do what splitscreen multiplayer games do, and create two viewports within the game.