• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Is it possible to emulate the middle click functionality?

Y

yerbestpal

Hey folks,

The mouse I currently use (Logitech MX Anywhere 2) does not have the ability to perform a middle click as input. I am wondering if it is at all possible to emulate the documentation functionality that would otherwise be present when selecting methods in the text editor.

Thank you.

Y

yerbestpal

Unrelated to GMS, but related to your mouse, the MX anywhere 2 has a middle mouse button.
The middle button is used for changing the scroll modes and doesn't do anything else.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Is it possible you have somehow got the setup wrong, where the middle click is simply not assigned to do the middle click. Most higher end(and gaming mice) let you directly decide what each button does. Its more useful for the ones that have extra buttons, as you assign them to change DPI, emulate key-presses, and similar. But often enough they let you customize the regular buttons too, so I'm guessing that may be your issue.

Y

yerbestpal

It turns out that the button behind the scroll wheel which is normally reserved for bringing up the workspace overview can be customised to emulate a middle click, so that'll do. I don't usually work on Windows and thus wasn't aware of the customisation options.