• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Is it possible to draw the gui bg colour as the same as the room?

B

BloodCorn

Hi again lol,
I am in the process of scaling my game and I was wondering if it is possible to set the background colour of the gui to a certain colour so it fits in better?

Thanks,
BloodCorn

samspade

Hi again lol,
I am in the process of scaling my game and I was wondering if it is possible to set the background colour of the gui to a certain colour so it fits in better?

Thanks,
BloodCorn
I'm not entirely sure I understand the question. The GUI doesn't have a background color. The GUI is drawn over everything else. So if you drew a background color on the GUI it would cover your entire screen and not show the game. However you can use draw_set_color and other color functions in the GUI if you want to make various portions of the GUI a certain color.