• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Is it possible to create an Xbox One game on windows 7?

B

blakkthunderr

I read that you might need Windows 10, is this true?

O.Stogden

I believe you need the Windows 10 SDK to develop for XBO, as it uses the UWP platform.

You'd also need XBO dev kits, which you could attempt to get by applying through ID@XBOX

Electros

Ah, MS say they give dev kits to developers. I'm presuming they just mean they give XBO's for free to people who get approved to develop.
Yes, I think I remember reading that somewhere a while back - worth asking for if you are developing for XBox, spare units for demo / test / delevop certainly wouldn't hurt!

rIKmAN

UWP = Just buy the UWP Export and a MS Developer Account and you can use your own XB1 in Dev Mode to develop and publish to the UWP Store.

XB1 Console Export = You must apply to and be approved by MS onto the ID@XBox program, and get your game gets published on the "proper" XB1 Store.

There are some differences in the hardware available for a UWP program, although this has been vastly improved over time so the difference in available console resources isn't too big anymore between UWP and a "proper" XB1 game.