• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

is it possible to allow the first tile to be used in a tileset?

S

Shadowblitz16

can the devs make it so the first tile (the checker flag one) can be used for tile maps and drawing?
currently It really frustrating that I have to add a extra row to my tile sheets so that I can have a square tileset

I was thinking that the tile that is used for null tiles could be -1 instead of 0

A

altan0

can the devs make it so the first tile (the checker flag one) can be used for tile maps and drawing?
currently It really frustrating that I have to add a extra row to my tile sheets so that I can have a square tileset

I was thinking that the tile that is used for null tiles could be -1 instead of 0
This was answered by one of the YYG Staff in the "Studio 2 Hits And Misses" thread:

Please read the docs on this, tile 0 is "special" in that it's not even drawn. So no matter what you put there it'll always be dropped out of the rendering. This helps optimise tile rendering a lot, and aids when having many overlapping tile layers.

We have discussed changing this so that it'll allow a tileset to be imported better, but it will mean your tiles start at 1, not 0 - which probably isn't a big issue. To me, it's important o know that the first tile on your texture page is 0, especially if your trying to do ant special effects with your tiles, which is why its reserved.
Can't find the online manual so search for "creating tile sets" in the local manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shadowblitz16

ok this is cool its too bad they can't make the empty tile index -1