• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Is it possible "time line" for sprite animation within the sprite editor?

C

Cedrus

I recently started working with GameMaker after using unity for a while and in unity there was a very nice way of making a time line for an animation, meaning I could give an object a "complex" animation and for example set an individual timing for frames to change rather than having all frames be set to a single pace. I was wondering if there is a possibility of doing this in GameMaker without calling each frame through code.

Thanks in advance for any help.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Right now there isn't anything like that. I know they are working on what they call "sequences" that may add this functionality, but I don't think its meant for that.

So the easiest way to do it right now is to just duplicate frames in your sprites. Its probably easier doing that than messing with doing it in code and probably worth the wasted memory as well.

C

Cedrus

Right now there isn't anything like that. I know they are working on what they call "sequences" that may add this functionality, but I don't think its meant for that.

So the easiest way to do it right now is to just duplicate frames in your sprites. Its probably easier doing that than messing with doing it in code and probably worth the wasted memory as well.
Thanks

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I recently started working with GameMaker after using unity for a while and in unity there was a very nice way of making a time line for an animation, meaning I could give an object a "complex" animation and for example set an individual timing for frames to change rather than having all frames be set to a single pace. I was wondering if there is a possibility of doing this in GameMaker without calling each frame through code.
Just wait a couple of weeks (or maybe less... ;) ), as the Sequences 2.3.0 update goes into open beta, and one of the Knock-on effects of the new sequences resource is that sprite frames are no longer on a fixed time and can be stretched individually to show over multiple frames.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Just wait a couple of weeks (or maybe less... ;) ), as the Sequences 2.3.0 update goes into open beta, and one of the Knock-on effects of the new sequences resource is that sprite frames are no longer on a fixed time and can be stretched individually to show over multiple frames.
Oh that's awesome...I told him that was coming but that I wasn't sure if it was going to be an actual feature of sequences.