• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Is GMnet Engine able to help with MMORPG games?

P

PvdH

I'm having fun with this engine for couple last days, and it's very good,
but i can't find one answer for my question.

Do you think, i can use this networking engine for creating some simple MMORPG games? Maybe i didn't notice but looks like i cant save any data on server with this?

Do you know maybe any better engine for it? I know that MMO subject is full of jokes here but i don't want to do anything big, just learn stuff, and i dont have big problems with GMS code itself, just this networking is sooooo hard ;c

In Unity you can easily find good final project for simple 2d mmo for 50 bucks, looks like lack of this inside game maker Marketplace showing how hard GMS networking is

The-any-Key

GMnet is more for smaller games with 8-16 players. You could use it as a cluster. But you need to put some work into it.

For a small MMO I would suggest you write a nodeJS server.