• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Is GM:S 1.4 still able to compile apks for application stores like Google Play?

S

Savatar

Greetings, old GMS user here. I stoped working my projects (mobile games) a couple of years ago (real life issues) and now I want to continue and finish them. I am an owner of GMS 1.4 and I want to continue working them with the same engine version for various reaasons (practical and economical). My question is the following : will my compiled .apks be ok with google store? I know that the support to GMS 1.4 stopped years ago, so will the final applications will have the requirements (f.e. SDK versions) to be hosted at app store like Google Play Store or I will face problems there?

Thanks a lot of your time and sorry for my clumsy English

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
GMS 1.4's Android export has been non-compliant with Google Play policies since Q3 2019, most notably the 64-bit APK requirement.

If you want to continue those projects, either upgrade to GMS 2 right now, or port your project somewhere else.

S

Savatar

Thanks for your quick answers! So, I will have to spend (again) hundreds of $ to update a product I already bought...that's not cool, but I guess I have no other option.

chamaeleon

Thanks for your quick answers! So, I will have to spend (again) hundreds of $ to update a product I already bought...that's not cool, but I guess I have no other option.
Learn to live with it. It is more or less a given YYG will be forced to request payment for new versions. It is up to you to vote with your wallet. There are alternative products, free and paid, if you wish to explore them, so you have plenty of options. Pick the one you wish to pursue.

gkri

Unfortunately 3-4 days ago ended the winter sale which all licenses was 25% off. I remember a year ago not long after winter sale, yoyo had 25% off sales again. Maybe is worth waiting...

gnysek

There's at least one sale every 3 months.

Also, GMS2 will have 4th anniversary in March, so... People changes notebooks, phones and even cars more often, paying much more.