• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Development Is GameMaker a best choice for me?

hasoni

Hi everyone
15 years ago I worked with 2d Game Maker and it was fascinating.
Now I'm a web designer and have a small gaming project for this site shadima.com
I can do this project on JavaScript libraries but it take time to learn them.
So my question is: How long will it take for me to learn GameMaker again and does it worth?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hello! This is really an impossible question to answer and the best thing I can say is, get the free version of GMS2, do a couple of tutorials like this one, take a look at the GML section of the manual, and then see what you think. If you have a background in JaveScript, then GML (the GameMaker Language) should be fairly easy to pick up, but really it all comes down to you... Maybe you find it easy, maybe you don't! But you should DEFINITELY get the free version and just get stuck in and see for yourself!

Good luck!!!

hasoni

Hello! This is really an impossible question to answer and the best thing I can say is, get the free version of GMS2, do a couple of tutorials like this one, take a look at the GML section of the manual, and then see what you think. If you have a background in JaveScript, then GML (the GameMaker Language) should be fairly easy to pick up, but really it all comes down to you... Maybe you find it easy, maybe you don't! But you should DEFINITELY get the free version and just get stuck in and see for yourself!

Good luck!!!
Good advice
I'll do this and let you know the result.
thanks Nocturne