• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Is Game Maker good solution for this kind of game?

V

Vedran Prodanovic

Hello everyone,
I need help to choose appropriate cross-platform solution for real-time quiz game 1-1.
The game consists of four swift games with letters, hints, secret words, matching terms.
You play against opponent in real-time battle allowing very limited time to think.

Native applications for Android and IOS have been published on store a long time ago.
You can take look here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rs.aparteko.brainster.android
There is server part of the game which is written in Java. Client part communicate with server using socket (Android and IOS clients) and websocket (web client).

We are looking for cross-platform solution which will be able to build client for
- facebook-web(currently there is flash client)
- android (currently there is android native client),
- ios(currently there is IOS native client)
- FB instant games
Is Game Maker good solution for this?
Thanks in advance

S

sponsz

Yes, It will more than suffice. It can export HTML5, Android and ios.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

GML games can be exported to HTML5 you are saying.?
Be aware the HTML5 JavaScript outputted by GMStudio is highly obfuscated, as they don't want people copying or modifying the runner, just like with the other platforms.

N

nagabrahmam

Be aware the HTML5 JavaScript outputted by GMStudio is highly obfuscated, as they don't want people copying or modifying the runner, just like with the other platforms.
I want to ask one thing that can we integrate FB instant games SDK in GML games..?

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I want to ask one thing that can we integrate FB instant games SDK in GML games..?
I'm not positive, but I've heard people talk about it hers so I assume so...

You might need to write a JavaScript extension to connect the gaps however.

N

nagabrahmam

thanks for your time if you are sure about it let me know at any time..! want to integrate FB instant games SDK in my game.