• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Is anyone else having issues with Gradle?

L

Leonard Menchiari

I have tried all the combinations of all the API, IDE, SDK, NDE, trying to stick with API 29 with NDE 20 like it's written in the documentation.
I have also installed manually the offline-gradle like mentioned here.

Here are some screenshots:
issue1.jpg
issue2.jpg
issue3.jpg
issue4.jpg

This is what I get:

Code:
ClangExeLocation=C:\AndroidSDK\ndk\20.0.5594570\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++.exe
Using NDKDir = C:\AndroidSDK\ndk\20.0.5594570
Using PlatformDir = C:\AndroidSDK\ndk\20.0.5594570\platforms\android-29
Using ARMToolChain = C:\AndroidSDK\ndk\20.0.5594570\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64
Android NDK: android-14 is unsupported. Using minimum supported version android-16.   
Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-16 is higher than android:minSdkVersion 14 in ./AndroidManifest.xml. NDK binaries will *not* be compatible with devices older than android-16. See https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/master/docs/user/common_problems.md for more information.
Code:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Build file 'P:\allib\build.gradle' line: 35

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ':allib'.
> Could not find method api() for arguments [directory 'libs'] on object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
It's been a couple of weeks now and I'm starting to get somewhat frustrated with this. Anyone knows what's going on?

chirpy

To build with API level 29, you should probably use Build Tools 29.0.3.
That said, I don't know what's with the "allib" errors which seems to be somewhat related to apk expansion.
You might want to search for it in the forum to see related discussions.

L

Leonard Menchiari

Thank you chirpy. Still nothing though... It seems like other than the "allib" which I'm looking into the main issue is this line:
Code:
Android NDK: android-14 is unsupported. Using minimum supported version android-16.   
Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-16 is higher than android:minSdkVersion 14 in ./AndroidManifest.xml. NDK binaries will *not* be compatible with devices older than android-16. See https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/master/docs/user/common_problems.md for more information.
For some reason is compiling with android-14 even if the minimum SDK is reported to be 16 under Game Options - Android.
I've been trying to change AndroidManifest.xml through notepad but it gets overwritten. I think I need to find where it's receiving the command from. Any ideas?