• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Is anyone able to build games for Mac/iOS?

vortexvt

Is anyone compiling games for Mac/iOS with current GMS2 build? It just does not work for me.

I set Remote Login, File Sharing, and other, from manual. Device editor in GM shows "Connection OK".
But it can't create/clear, no any folders created on mac, etc.

Code:
C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe DONE (0)
Options: C:\Users\Vortex\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\LM_11742E21\PlatformOptions.json
working dir: C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2
C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96\bin\putty\yyputtygen.exe C:\Users\Vortex\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\vortex_vt_318160\yoyo.ppk -O public-openssh
cat ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
Need to setup the key!
Get public key
working dir: C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2
C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96\bin\putty\yyputtygen.exe C:\Users\Vortex\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\vortex_vt_318160\yoyo.ppk -O public-openssh
Got public key exitcode 0
cat ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
echo 'ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAQEA3KJnrFKTChyue30hl36IjIH2UZos6I9s4yBuvX6HhR7KiQKByB8OH/rqmEa1KBjnZh9GsAwdmgK6kupuMjmSb+BT64OST/yJCph6KVbgixlV1KGoaONcoNxchk79rEt7mCXgIQhGKsnbJ8CfeIouWLMEvGZnnOF+xbI0j2YRB/JeknZ39o4liBfe9RcV73QMHUMgyUVaN0d3nbNQ5u6LSSfTruwfil3cD2gBK/IGVyaFHc8BZECMVAK2JHTskVHrB/iSE6sdOns9qA523rWE75fp8v1pjDRoRCK3GWmhKCibJbUAKrKUdUCycyPEwuVnKWQNBDLO00YUGGt/lfSRvQ== rsa-key-20170523' > ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
Igor complete.
I tried this on El Capitan and macOS Sierra, cleared SSH keys, rechecked all settings like 10 times. Nothing helps. What am I missing?

GM1.4 compiling on same setup without any problems.

Y

Yazuka

We've recently fixed a few bugs with stuff like this internally, whilst Test Connection works there is a second check which Igor does if you don't test connection and this one is failing, this is a very niche bug and we're barely seeing anyone get it and no idea why it happens. This is now fixed internally but there is no workaround for it so you'll have to wait for the next release for this to work.

D

dan_j

Hi there, is this the Igor error? Got my macbook talking to my pc but trying to detect my IOS devices brings up this?

Forgot to mention I'm on latest Mac Sierra

Attachments

D

dan_j

Rubbish, fingers crossed the new release will come out soon as my testing has ground to a halt :(

D

dan_j

Awesome, thanks for the link vortexvt. Looks like this is working for me now.