• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Is a mobile project doable ?

Datky

Hello there.
Along with some other people, we were thinking about making a mobile game with GM2 since we know it pretty well, but we don't know anything related to mobile development.
For instance, is there any tutorial/official document about how to put in ads or micro transactions, maybe another engine would be better for that ? Haven't found a lot about that.
Is there anyone that worked with the GMS2 android package can share their experience ?

Thanks

Binsk

Take a look at the official (free) extensions by YoyoGames here. Namely you may want to check out this one first.

You said you are familiar with GM so you probably know this, but in the case of GameMaker, whatever isn't default built-in to the engine can be expanded upon and/or added with Extensions. YoyoGames took the rout of simply building things like In-App purchases and whatnot into official extensions so that they can be updated separate from the main engine.

As such, search their extensions for what you need and play around with it. If they don't have something, chances are someone else may have made something. If you can't find it then you can always make the extension yourself via Java and add it to your game. That said, I'm pretty sure Yoyo has made something for all that you specified, its just a matter of finding it and learning how it works.

I'd give more help but I've never messed with it myself.

Mert

The only difference is that you now have to think about the your game's performance since Mobile devices have lesser hardwares than PCs.
Other than that, there is exactly no difference. You still write the same code on GML level(except some special functions which are designed only for mobile platforms)

maybe another engine would be better for that ?
Same goes for Unity or any other engine. In fact, if you plan to make a 2D game, Game Maker may be the best option out there.