• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Ipv6 networking events

Roa

I don't see a suggestion forum anymore, but I just wanted to maybe garner some attention to this idea of adding Ipv6 to the networking system later on at some point. This would be extremely useful for mobile networking.

I know its not the most popular setup, but technically it is a modern standard going forward, and I think it would open up some powerful options to users.

What do y'all think?

Roa

especially that ipv4 is going to be phased out soon
Well IPv4 will never be phased out. There are a crap ton of benefits to it vs using IPv6 like it being more anonymous and secure in a sense, easier to scale and segment on corporate networks and stuff, but I just don't see a reason why IPv6 inst an option. IPv6 is really popular on mobile though. You can address a device directly no matter the tower, even while switching towers, restrict the device directly, and such like that.