• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Iphone 7, anyone else trying to gear up for the release?

Greetings,

well the new iphone comes out tomorrow and i am rather curious about what people are doing in preperation for the launch.

i currently have three games im trying to optimize for this weekend, so as i have some links to show i would be happy to post them, and im wondering if anyone else is gearing up for this and would be curious to see what everyone is working on if you are willing to share.

hope everyones work is going well, have a great day.

Roa

I have 5 on standby under different names and I plan to smash them all at the same time infront of everyone. Been saving up 2 years for this

K12gamer

I honestly don't like big bulky "tablet like" phones...
They're too expensive...overly complicated...and don't fit well in your pocket...
When I talk into them...my ear accidentally touches the touch screen and activates other stuff...
(Maybe I'm doing something wrong.)

I prefer simple Flip Phones like this

Cheap, better battery life, folds over so buttons are't exposed...making it harder to accidentally turn on in your pocket.

Oh...and if I want to play games and surf the web...I'd rather use my PC...or a lap top.

Yokcos

Smertphones are effectively not phones. In my experience, calling people is one of the lesser things they can do. They're pocket computers; you can't very well whip out a laptop or a PC on a 5 minute bus ride or in many other situations and that is why we have smartphones, so we have something useful that we can whip out to check Reddit or whatever in any situation whatsoever.

iphone 7 - wise, I will be preparing my best headphone jack jokes to pass around to other people who can't stand Apple.

S

Sudo_Radish

I rocked on of these for a couple of years. Solid little phone and did everything that I needed to. I wish Blackberry had made a better push with the QNX powered devices. BB10 was pretty solid and I loved the various peek and swipe motions.

um these arnt games people are building for release on the iphone....

either the joke went completely over my head or my english is really terrible, very confused right now

H

HyperbipolART

I suggest a game about a headphone jack that deals with the emotion of rejection.

Mr Magnus

Viking King
I'm feeling JACKed up.

But the lack of audio jacks aside, nothing. I'm staying with my galaxy S4 until it breaks apart.

Roa

You know what phones really need? 2 micro usbs. One for charge and data, the other for UOTG and data. Its amazing how in 2016, this is still a massive problem that has not been addressed. There next to no phones that can UOTG and charge