• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS iOS Setup - XCode 8.2

J

jcop

I am trying to get ios support setup in GMS2. I can get it to work to the iphone simulator no problem. Actually getting it onto my device I just can't get working. The screenshots in the GMS2 article about this don't match what I see in XCode 8.2.1. Anyone else have trouble getting started with a new app on iOS and get it figured out?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Is your device plugged into the Mac and detected in the Target Manager by GMS2?

J

jcop

Yes. I was able to get both my iPhone and iPad added to the XCode Devices window. I did a Detect Device in GMS2 Target and it found my iPad for example. I selected the iPad and ran the project. I had "suppress build and run" disabled. I go to XCode to figure out the signing stuff and what I see there does not match the YoYoGames FAQ.

J

jcop

Nevermind, I figured it out. On my XCode when you select the project it was showing the project Deployment Target options. I had to click a little left side bar button at the top of the window to show the "Targets" option. When I clicked on the target it then gave me the signing options and it all worked.

J

jcop

For anyone else reading this, see my xcode screenshot attached. I had to click the button pointed at by #1. This should the list that says "Project" and "Target". Then I clicked on the target pointed to by #2. At this point I could enter my own "Bundle Identifier" and xcode provisioned it for me. Then back in GMS I set the Bundle ID in the ios target to the same value and turned off "suppress build and run" in GMS / File / Preferences / Platform Settings / iOS.

Just posting this as an FYI to maybe help someone else out.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: