• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS iOS Remote Push Notifications not working

Rushad

Remote push notifications have stopped working on devices running iOS 13 on Game Maker v2.2.4

The reason is because for Game Maker v.2.2.4 the push notification device token generated on devices running iOS 13 has a new format.

The old device token was 64 characters :
token = "4bba875c060a8521b134f54eb7f348e2d5eee5517508d80f3ae182de19b1327d"

The iOS13 device token is like this :
token = "{length=32,bytes=0x368d8e4aa6dabf0408f27705692551b1...8bebc5d5a0625f36}"

I have searched stack overflow for the issue and found this :
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...-new-way-of-getting-device-notification-token

I have reported this as a bug more than 10 days ago and still waiting for a response email. Has anyone else found a workaround this ? Hoping Yoyo games can fix this soon in the next update

Kaguva

Right now im using remote notifications of Firebase Cloud Messaging and works fine, after i wanted add the local notifications and not worked, i thought was compatibility problems with the extension, thanks for share this.
Please post yoyo response or any other update about this topic

Appsurd

I have created an extension that fixes the remote push notifications on iOS. Simply add the extension to your project and remove push notifications will work as usual. The extension can be found here on the marketplace. I am aware that this is an old topic, but I wanted to share the solution regardless for everyone who is interested.