• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Google Play Advertising not keeping Global Game Settings (works on Android)

S

Si-Fi

Under "Global Game Setting" -> "Advertising" there are tabs for several platforms (iOS, Android, hmlt5 etc.). For iOS/Android, each ad provider has a checkbox along with a link to the extension on the yoyo marketplace (this is an old link but is the correct place: https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/d...use/global game settings/advertising tab.html).

I have the google play services extension installed, and everything works fine on Android. When I check the box for iOS, it registers but upon exporting to xcode the ads do not work. When I reload the project the check box is also reset to an unchecked state.

I've followed the game maker help page and have found no info on extra set up for iOS (http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216754558-Ads-Google-Mobile-Advertising-v1-3-), my Game Maker is updated to v1.4.1757.

Any help/insight would be appreciated, so far I've only tried clearing the cache - I'm open to any other solutions.

Yes, the box for ads iOS gets unchecked. Ads still shows in my app, though. Of course, this applies only to AdMob, since that's the one ad-provider I use.

Still57

AdMob still works on iOS whether or not the checkbox is checked. You must be doing something else wrong

S

Si-Fi

Thanks for the responses. As I mentioned before it already works with Android so I'll go back to that and make sure it does. I may have updated in between these two points, hopefully that did not break things.