• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS iOS export

D

Daniel Arroyo

Hello everybody!

Im trying to use App Store, but Im really frustrated and stressed. It's my first game, all it's OK with Android, but in AppStore it's too complicated :(. I have both certificates, developer and distribution. I follow the instructions in Game Maker. The game it can plays on my Mac, both computers (Mac and Windows) are connected, so that's good. The problem comes when I try to play on my iPhone.
First, I think you need to know something. My iPhone has iOS 10.3, so I need xCode 8.3 to run apps, but GM:S doesn't support xCode 8.3 :(:(. So I tried to use emulator but it crashed. The error is:

*Im gonna try to get an iPhone with an earlier iOS like 10.2 or lower, so which could be the solution for my errors :(

Error domain=IDET estOperationsObserverErrorDomain Code=5 'Early unexpected exit, operation never finished bootstrapping- no restart will be attemped' UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Early unexpected exit operation never finished bootstrapping - no restart

I don't know how to solve it.

Then, I have another 3 errors:

This one I don't know what means:

xcodebuild[#######] warning: The file reference for "usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.tbd" is a member of multiple groups ("Frameworks" and "Frameworks"); this indicates a malformed project. Only the membership in one of the groups will be preserved (but membership in targets will be unaffected). If you want a reference to the same file in more than one group, please add another reference to the same path.

This one I think is about google adMob, but I don't know how to solve it. (I need to download some extension for iOS or not neccesary? Because Im using the same code that I used for Android with a diferrent campaign for iOS)

xcodebuild[#######] +dataWithFirstBytes:1024 ofFile:"/Users/.../GameMaker-Studio/.../Game/Game/Supporting Files/games/googlemobileads.ext" failed, errno = 2

And the last one is: (I think is because the version of my iOS 10.3, Im using now xCode 8.2.1 because GM:S doesn´t support 8.3)

xcodebuild: error: Unable to find a destination matching the provided destination specifier:

{ platform:iOS, id:########################### }

The requested device could not be found because no available devices matched the request.

Available destinations for the "Colegio" scheme:

{ platform:iOS, id:######################, name:Daniel }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPad Air }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPad Air 2 }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, ######################, OS:10.2, name:iPad Pro (9.7 inch) }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPad Pro (12.9 inch) }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPad Retina }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPhone 5 }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPhone 5s }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPhone 6 }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPhone 6 Plus }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPhone 6s }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPhone 6s Plus }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPhone 7 }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPhone 7 Plus }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:######################, OS:10.2, name:iPhone SE }

Ineligible destinations for the "Game" scheme:

{ platform:iOS, id:dvtdevice-DVTiPhonePlaceholder-iphoneos:placeholder, name:Generic iOS Device }

{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:dvtdevice-DVTiOSDeviceSimulatorPlaceholder-iphonesimulator:placeholder, name:Generic iOS Simulator Device }

Thanks.

B

BlueSlime

yeah ios export is broken again...

I hope they update it soon. I just tested on my xcode 8.2.1 and GM 1.99.533 and iphone 7 plus with 10.3.1 and it wouldn't even compile for it because it wants the upgraded xcode. So we are screwed until yoyogames fixes it again

but... it did let me simulate in xcode and that worked.
it also let me side load to my iphone 7 plus so you could at least test it on ios 10.3.1 until they fix it, until then I think we are screwed :rolleyes:

D

Daniel Arroyo

I hope they update it soon. I just tested on my xcode 8.2.1 and GM 1.99.533 and iphone 7 plus with 10.3.1 and it wouldn't even compile for it because it wants the upgraded xcode. So we are screwed until yoyogames fixes it again

it also let me side load to my iphone 7 plus so you could at least test it on ios 10.3.1 until they fix it, until then I think we are screwed :rolleyes:
Hello! Im tested on other iPhone and it works, but when I tried in the simulator, this open the app, and only shows a black scren I don't know why

N

NathanMeunier

Oh man, this is concerning. It's been a few years since I did an iOS game export, but I have a new project that just launched on Steam and I'm planning to do an iOS version soon to follow it up. Really hoping this gets ironed out soon.

Reactions: SVG
S

SVG

Oh man, this is concerning. It's been a few years since I did an iOS game export, but I have a new project that just launched on Steam and I'm planning to do an iOS version soon to follow it up. Really hoping this gets ironed out soon.
Saw the steam vid of your Missile Cards, gj on it man! Nice chill concept of that type of game and looks fun! Keep on keepin on bro! Is red your favorite color? :) So much red haha. Kinda like the new GM podcast website, so much green :p

M

Martin_CaronStudios

I've had no problems with iOS 10.3. Enable "Suppress build and run (just create Xcode project on Mac)" in the preferences and then klick on the green run arrow/triangle. That way it will just open the project in Xcode after which you can compile it without any problems. I've just recently published my first game on the App Store and Google Play (SAM Commander Arena - please look it up as I'm a new member and can't post any links yet).

B

BlueSlime

I've had no problems with iOS 10.3. Enable "Suppress build and run (just create Xcode project on Mac)" in the preferences and then klick on the green run arrow/triangle. That way it will just open the project in Xcode after which you can compile it without any problems. I've just recently published my first game on the App Store and Google Play (SAM Commander Arena - please look it up as I'm a new member and can't post any links yet).

So you didn't update your phone or tablet to the latest 10.3.1 the .1 makes a difference

B

BlueSlime

Umm, even though it says here https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753748-SDK-Version-Support
Be aware we do not support Xcode 8.3 (at all)

I just upgraded my xcode 8.2.1 to the latest 8.3.1 and did a test and it actually compiled on my iphone 7 plus with 10.3.1! I also downloaded xcode 8.0 and renamed it so that my default xcode is the 8.3.1 but I was surprised it actually worked! :D

weird how it didn't work before but now it does...

I used GM:S EA 1.99.533
Xcode v8.3.1 (8E1000a)
iphone 7 plus v10.3.1

and it actually compiled... I hope it wasn't a fluke and it just works for a while ;)

M

Martin_CaronStudios

I've checked my iOS version and it's 10.3. Not 10.3.1.Good to know though. Hopefully xcode 8.3.1 will work without problems.