iOS iOS export uses deprecated UIWebView API, triggering a warning from Apple

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by SIG., Aug 29, 2019.

1. SIG.

SIG. Member

I submitted my game for beta review and received an email from Apple stating that my app had an "issue":
    The linked page explains that UIWebView is "a view that embeds web content in your app." My app is straightforwardly just a game without any integrations from the web or otherwise. The closest thing I can think of are ads or IAP. I do use YYG's Google Play Services extension (which includes a partial implementation of the Google Mobile Ads SDK) to show AdMob ads, and I use YYG's Google Play Services IAP extension to offer a "remove ads" product. But neither of those are really "web content," either, so I'm not at all sure what (if anything) is using the API.

I've submitted a bug report, but I was curious whether anyone knows more about how UIWebView is being used and whether there is a workaround for when Apple starts outright rejecting apps that use UIWebView.

2. SIG.

SIG. Member

Checking the build log in Xcode, it looks like maybe the problem is that YYG's ads extension is using an outdated version of Google's iOS Admob SDK:

3. Jose Vasquez

Jose Vasquez Member

Hello.

I'm having the same problem. How did you solve it? I will do a YYG update to verify.

Thanks for the help.

4. SIG.

SIG. Member

YoYoGames needs to fix this. Please submit a bug report to them: https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us#account

5. WWAZman

WWAZman Member

Just as a note I ignored it and submitted it anyway, and my app was approved and is currently on the App store. Whatever it is, it isn't critical.

6. SIG.

SIG. Member

@WWAZman @Jose Vasquez @eams1986

Did each of you also use the YoYoGames (official) extension for AdMob in the submission that triggered this warning? YYG support wants more information.

7. WWAZman

WWAZman Member

yeah I think that was the old admob code.. at present no ads are being served in it though.