• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED iOS Export: Connection Successful, No Devices Found

Mookal

I'm developing my game on my Windows PC, and I have a Mac set up with Xcode for testing the iOS export. I hadn't tested in a while so I tried to send a build to the Mac, but I kept getting the "FAILED: Run Program Complete" error. I then tried to search for iOS devices connected to the Mac within Game Maker to see if that was an issue. The check should've returned all of the simulated devices I have set up in Xcode, but none of them appeared.

1590268619332.png
1590268926550.png

I've gone through the setup process for both Mac and iOS again to see if I've missed anything. I've double checked, and everything seems to be in order.
I'm using the latest GMS2 Windows Runtime as of 5/23/20 (2.2.5.378) and Xcode is completely up to date. I've looked through other threads with similar issues, but none of them seem to be in the same situation I'm in.

EDIT: The solution can be found here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29108172/xcrun-unable-to-find-simctl/36726612#36726612

Attachments

Last edited:

Mookal

Bumping this. I had a dream that someone responded with an answer but I was banned from the forums and couldn't read it. Help please 🥺

chirpy

There is a known issue exporting to Mac OS from a PC at the moment. You'd have to build directly on a Mac with a Mac OS version of GMS2 IDE.
If your project is on PC, I'd recommend synchronizing a copy to Mac OS using external source control, for example: git + bitbucket.

That said, have you checked in your Mac OS's XCode that you can see your iOS devices?
You may have to make sure:
(1) Your XCode is up-to-date
(2) Your developer account credentials are setup correctly, and that
(3) Your device trusts your Mac
before proceeding.

Mookal

You'd have to build directly on a Mac with a Mac OS version of GMS2 IDE.
If your project is on PC, I'd recommend synchronizing a copy to Mac OS using external source control, for example: git + bitbucket.
This is something I’ve been considering, and since I’m fitting the three criteria you mentioned, it’s looking like using the Mac IDE will be my solution.
I’ll report back after I’ve tried it out! 👍

Mookal

Alright, I've started using the Mac IDE, and it works great. I'm able to test a lot of things much quicker now, as I can just run a Mac build and spot any issues that way, since Mac and iOS architecture are similar.
That being said, it turned out not to be the fix I was looking for. I did figure it out, though. Or, rather, someone else on this forum figured it out two years ago 😅
The post is here https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/gms2-simulators-in-device-list.42569/#post-262079
...and the solution is here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29108172/xcrun-unable-to-find-simctl/36726612#36726612
You just have to set Xcode's command line tools properly, and GMS2 will be able to pick up the Simulators again.

Josepho

Im following these steps and im not able to find my devices :/ it says "localhost Successful - No devices found

Also the mac buid is not working too in a mac mini 2020
"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/Mono" /Users/Shared/Gamemaker2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.5.378/bin/igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/lx/fkhmqfzx37n1lnt2s7|1rnr40000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Run

FAILED: Run Program Complete

Maybe is related

Also I would ask why is requird to detect the devices, if you seearch for this error you can see it has been a pain for lots of people, why not just create the xcode project???

Edit: After installing mono for mac universal it mac version worked and the devices where displayed

Last edited: