• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS iOS Deletes Save Files on OS Update

P

punchbunny

Hi everyone, long time user, first time poster. I've started receiving reports with the last two iOS updates that my users' save files are being wiped out, with the app apparently reinstalling from scratch without saving anything from the 'Documents' folder. I was under the impression that the Documents folder would be retained with OS updates (and, presumably, regular updates as well). Is this not the case? Have I missed a toggle somewhere?

I was also thinking that, because my app doesn't have cloud integration, maybe it really is just replacing the folder with an empty iCloud version. Is this possible?

I really hope this is something I've done on my end, but finding information about this topic seems impossible. I've found one previous post from 2017: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/android-save-file-erased-after-updating-app.38927/

That post refers to save files being deleted, and something about an iOS bug, but that was 2 years ago, and I'm not sure what the state of things are now. Help?