• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS iOS Build issue with pscp command

clee2005

So I have 2 setups and one works fine and the other suddenly stopped working on me and I can't figure out what the issue is. I'm hoping someone has some ideas for me as I'm out.

When building iOS it stops on a pscp command when it copies the build files from my pc to my mac. The connection is all working as you can see other pscp commands working before it to copy the extensions over (the destination folders get created on the mac). It's the C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\WordWow_3A70F71F_VM\WordWow
folder that it seems to be tripping over.

It's saying UNEXPECTED FILENAME. If it was a specific file in my project that was causing it to fail then I'd expect my other setup to fail as well.

EDIT : I think it has to do with the Mac side of things. I tried to connect from a Parallels Windows 10 and it gave the same error. I have stripped the certificates and re-imported them from the working Mac, but same error. I have checked the folder permissions on the Mac, and they are all accessible.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

Code:
Saving project to: C:\Users\Chris\Dropbox\!Work\WordWow\WordWow.yyp
"cmd"  /c subst X: "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

V://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe DONE (0)
RunCommandOnMac mkdir -p /Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC/Fw
mkdir -p /Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC/Fw
pscp C:\Users\Chris\Dropbox\!Work\WordWow\extensions\GoogleSignin\iOSSourceFromMac\GoogleSignIn.bundle.zip /Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC/Fw/GoogleSignIn.bundle.zip
RunCommandOnMac mkdir -p /Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC/Fw
pscp C:\Users\Chris\Dropbox\!Work\WordWow\extensions\GoogleSignin\iOSSourceFromMac\GoogleSignIn.framework.zip /Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC/Fw/GoogleSignIn.framework.zip
pscp C:\Users\Chris\Dropbox\!Work\WordWow\extensions\GoogleSignin\iOSSourceFromMac\GoogleSignInDependencies.framework.zip /Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC/Fw/GoogleSignInDependencies.framework.zip
RunCommandOnMac cd ~/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC/Fw; unzip -o GoogleSignIn.bundle.zip; unzip -o GoogleSignIn.framework.zip; unzip -o GoogleSignInDependencies.framework.zip;
cd ~/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC/Fw; unzip -o GoogleSignIn.bundle.zip; unzip -o GoogleSignIn.framework.zip; unzip -o GoogleSignInDependencies.framework.zip;
CreateiOSExecutable
RunCommandOnMac xcode-select -p | sed 's/.app.*/.app/'
xcode-select -p | sed 's/.app.*/.app/'
RunCommandOnMac osascript -e 'tell app "Xcode" to quit'
osascript -e 'tell app "Xcode" to quit'
RunCommandOnMac mkdir -p "/Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow"
mkdir -p "/Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow"
RunCommandOnMac mkdir -p "/Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC"
mkdir -p "/Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC"
pscp W:/WordWow_68784226_VM\WordWow/ /Users/chrislee/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/WordWow/WordWowFromPC/
Renci.SshNet.Common.ScpException: scp: error: unexpected filename:
   at Renci.SshNet.ScpClient.CheckReturnCode(Stream input)
   at Renci.SshNet.ScpClient.Upload(DirectoryInfo directoryInfo, String path)
   at ..(String , String , Boolean )
   at ..(String , String , String )
   at ..(String , String , YYDictionary`2 , String , Boolean , String )
   at Igor.iOSBuilder.Package()
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:50.4420316s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- iOS Package started at 02/23/2020 09:22:38
"cmd"  /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0321622s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 02/23/2020 09:23:29
"cmd"  /c subst W: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0335128s for command "cmd" /c subst W: /d started at 02/23/2020 09:23:29
"cmd"  /c subst V: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0317683s for command "cmd" /c subst V: /d started at 02/23/2020 09:23:29
FAILED: Package Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors window.

Last edited:

clee2005

Ok so after spending a lot of time messing around it turns out that it was because my Macbook had auto updated to 10.15.4 which seems to include an updated version of OpenSSH.

MacOS 10.15.4 now has OpenSSH_8.1p1
MacOS 10.15.3 had OpenSSH_7.9p1

I rolled back to 10.15.3 and now the problem is gone. I filed a ticket in case this is a coming problem so that maybe it's handled sooner than later.

SnoutUp

Ok so after spending a lot of time messing around it turns out that it was because my Macbook had auto updated to 10.15.4 which seems to include an updated version of OpenSSH.

I rolled back to 10.15.3 and now the problem is gone. I filed a ticket in case this is a coming problem so that maybe it's handled sooner than later.
I'm having the same issue right now, but don't have the luxury of changing MacOS (trying to make builds in managed MacInCloud server), do you maybe now if this was fixed?

clee2005

@SnoutUp I don't know if it was addressed or not. I didn't file a ticket per se. I had opened a support request, and then in the comments told them I solved it, but that they should pass it to the Dev team to make them aware of it as it might be an upcoming issue. So... hopefully that all happened. It was acknowledged and I was told that it would. Maybe post a bug report?

Mr Errorz

How do you roll back?

Electros

Hey - anyone with the upcoming GMS2.3 update know if this is fixed in that?

Just run into this, after a string of updating iPhone, then MacOS, then XCode, and now seem to be unable to deploy any more due to this. :(

Edit: According to the bug report, fixed in 2.3 - hope we don't have too long to wait!
https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=31696

Last edited: