• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

iOS iOS App Preview

D

djrain

Hey guys, my new game is just about finished and I'm trying to figure out the best approach for creating app previews for the app store.

I only have an iPhone 6s, but I can use a friend's iPhone 7 Plus to get gameplay footage, so that video should work for all the iPhones.

But I'm not sure about the iPad video, as I don't have an iPad. Apple says to submit the largest size (12.9 inch iPad Pro) which will be scaled down for the smaller devices. But apparently the required resolution for the iPad preview is 1200 x 900, which is smaller than even the normal iPad (I also don't understand why this is smaller than the iPhone preview resolutions). Does this mean I can record using a normal iPad and it will look fine? Would using a 12.9 inch iPad Pro make a difference in quality?

I will be using Final Cut Pro for editing. Any additional advice would be appreciated!