GameMaker Invisible Objects.

aisdjioad

So i just downloaded Game Maker 2.3.1 now by Steam.
And when i put my objects (with sprite and visible option) in the room (instances layer) it just doesnt show up.
Does someone know whats the problem is and how to fix it?
Thanks by now!

sorry for bad english tho

CloseRange

do you have any code in the object?
in particular in the draw event.

code in the draw event makes the sprite not show up and to allow it to draw you need to put this somewhere in the draw event.
GML:
draw_self();

aisdjioad

do you have any code in the object?
in particular in the draw event.

code in the draw event makes the sprite not show up and to allow it to draw you need to put this somewhere in the draw event.
GML:
draw_self();
Nop :\
There are no events in the object at all.
I even tried to add the draw event and use draw_self but still not showing up.

Nidoking

The answer to your question:
Does someone know whats the problem is and how to fix it?
is no, because there's not enough information provided to even ask what information we need. But try creating a new game and do this:
Make one sprite.
Make one object and assign the sprite to it. Don't add any events.
Make one room with one instance layer (this should exist by default) and put one instance of your object in it.
Run the game.

Does the sprite show up? If so, then make changes one at a time and run the game after each one so you can figure out what you did wrong. If not, then this seems more like a Help Desk ticket than a forum request.

aisdjioad

The answer to your question:

is no, because there's not enough information provided to even ask what information we need. But try creating a new game and do this:
Make one sprite.
Make one object and assign the sprite to it. Don't add any events.
Make one room with one instance layer (this should exist by default) and put one instance of your object in it.
Run the game.

Does the sprite show up? If so, then make changes one at a time and run the game after each one so you can figure out what you did wrong. If not, then this seems more like a Help Desk ticket than a forum request.
Did exactly what you said. Not showing up yet.

Z

zendraw

if you have other layers, like a background one and its ontop of this layer, it will cover it. so make sure the layers are in the right order. those at top are drawn first, further down are drawn after. this is the only thing that comes to mind.

samspade

While this is primarily a list for missing text, a decent portion of it applies to objects as well. I'd review it and see if anything stands out: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/checklist-for-missing-text-bugs.28463/#post-177239.

I'd also run it in the debugger to make sure that it exists, where it is located, etc.

It might also be worth putting a sprite on a sprite asset layer (or whatever they're called) along with a background image just to see if those things are behaving as expected (e.g. are your views working, are you were you think you are, etc.)