• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Inventory for Point and Click

P

PopatoChisp

Hello,
I'm trying to make a point and click game in Game maker, and I already managed to
find out how to make the character move trough pointing and clicking and how to do some of the basic things like adding backgrounds, the window resulution, adding a player etc.

But I have trouble finding out how to make an inventory.
Since there will be a lot of objects that the player can pick up and use, and the objects can be picked up in different orders (for example brush first then bucket, or bucket first then brush) and the objects should appear in the free slots of the inventory in the order they where picked up, I don't think I can use an inventory that has slots assigned to specific objects.

I think a good example for an inventory I'm trying to make is the one in "Fran Bow".

I tried searching for tutorials or something along the line, but I couldn't find any. If somebody has any tipps or ideas I would be very gratefull.

I hope this is not a too stupid or rude question and thanks to everyone who reads and/or answers this in advance.

P

PandaPenguin

I found this tutorial from Shaun Spalding very helpful so maybe you should give it a try too ;)

it also handles drag & drop of items from and into the inventory and there is also a second part for more features

P

PopatoChisp

I found this tutorial from Shaun Spalding very helpful so maybe you should give it a try too ;)

it also handles drag & drop of items from and into the inventory and there is also a second part for more features

Thank you so much that is exactly what i was searching for!