Asset - Project Inventory DB

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
Get it here: Inventory DB

Inventory DB works with a database that is a simple TXT file or a CSV file. CSV, build from an Excel table, are really awesome to get your items properties organized. Each row is an item and each column a property(like name, sprite, maximum stack, etc...).

Upon start, a ds_grid is builded from that file and you use that grid as a reference every time you need an information on an item.

New: One object to rule them all! A single object controls as many containers you add: belts, chests, crates, backpacks, storage room, etc...

Inventory DB has many features to help players keeping their items organized:

• Dynamically creates containers if needed.
  • Toggle containers on and off.
  • Display properties of selected items.
  • Move/swap items and sort them.
  • Drop, use or split stack of items.
  • Move containers around if needed.
  • Resize it in game.
  • Works with views.
  • Auto-stacking items.
Poweful and very versatil.

As always, everything is well commented and you'll get a fast reply if you need help to implement it on your game.

-Tested for windows and YYC tested.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
This is interesting, I'm curious how you made a csv file through game maker. Never thought of using text files that way. In fact this opens my eyes a bit, creating customized 'intelligent' text files.

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
It's really nice to use CSV file when you have to organize a lot of data. (Items in that case). My first item database where held on a ini.file...it was a mess. Now it's clean and clear.