• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows 'Invalid License' Bug

T

TheUnsungChampion

I have been unable to use my copy of GMS2 since I purchased it a week ago. I bought it from Steam, installed it, and went to run it. When it asked me to sign in, I did, then it told me that my license was invalid. When I go to my Yoyo account, it clearly says that I have a license granted to me through my Steam account. It also has my old Beta license there, which I am guessing is the problem (I think it is pointing to my Beta license instead of my Steam license, and since the beta is long over, that license is indeed invalid, since it expired). I submitted a ticket, but have heard not a single word on the topic yet; does anyone else know what might be going on or how to fix it?

T

TheUnsungChampion

I just thought I would see if anyone else has had similar experiences first, and if a fix had already been found. I know that the service people have their hands full as it is, and while I have gotten pretty impatient about this issue, I figured I would try to find a solution that didn't involve eating up more of their resources if at all possible. If waiting is the only fix, than waiting it will be.

S

SaucyJack

Ok I was running into the same problem. I installed the new version and was told my license was invalid. Then when retrying and reentering my login info, it would tell me that GMS2 couldn't reach the yoyogames website. At one point the IDE told me it caught a bug and to report it. I tried reinstalling the same new version over itself, but it didn't work. What I did then was reinstall the version before this new version and it gave me the same issue. I then reinstalled the new version and it gave me an error saying session ID not found. After hitting retry, it now works. Hope that helps.

EDIT: whoops thought that said 2018