OFFICIAL Introducing GameMaker Coaching

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Introducing GameMaker Coaching

GameMaker Coaching is a new learning program designed to help you make great games easily. With GameMaker Coaching, you will be able to access a growing library of learning materials, produced and delivered by professional GameMaker developers.
To start, GameMaker Coaching is launching a regular webinar series that will run throughout 2022, delivered by expert coaches, including Aaron Craig (Let's Learn This Together), Josia Roncancio (w7games), and our very own Gurpreet Singh Matharoo (GameMakerStation).

The first webinar, entitled From Drag And Drop to GameMaker Language, will take place on 26th January 2022, 1pm PST / 9pm GMT and will be delivered by Aaron Craig. You can sign up by visiting the following link:
>> https://gamemaker.clickmeeting.com/876849311/register <<

Later this month, you will also be able to access pre-recorded training videos. The first, created by Peter Morgan (aka Slyddar), will explore some various uses of GameMaker's powerful animation tool, Sequences. With more videos being added regularly and new learning formats being introduced throughout the year.

If you are interested in learning more about GameMaker Coaching or would like to get involved as a coach then please reach out to us at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you all at the first webinar.

Happy GameMaking!

Sad

Wish everyone the best :)

Now that I think about it... I wish we have full blown learning platform like Unity Learn, but for GameMaker. Where users can track their learning progress, with its own learning paths, achievements for completing courses, and the like. The education resources for Unity are just so massive

Now that I think about it... I wish we have full blown learning platform like Unity Learn, but for GameMaker. Where users can track their learning progress, with its own learning paths, achievements for completing courses, and the like. The education resources for Unity are just so massive
I don't really know what Unity is like, but yeah, I totally would like some GMS Badges to go along my Unreal badges/certificates!
Different sized companies, tho, resources are not the same at all! Unity is worth 1+ billion, EpicGames is (was? not sure. Has around 1 mil in revenue per employee) one of the most profitable company per employee in the gaming sector, or something like that... I mean... while I love Yoyo, the competition is fierce and we can't realistacally expect to have David to have all theperks Goliath has.... but that particular thing would totally be doable and worth it, in my opinion!

Last edited:

Sad

@Slow Fingers Yeah looking at the marketshare, it only make sense that Unity/UE has such a gargantuan resources. I just think it would be nice if there's a more different approach in learning GMS
Because the current one is like, "Want to know more about our software?" "Here are some of our posts, pick your poison! Google,Youtube, Discord are your friends", the learning resources are there but scattered all over, after finishing Quick Start Guide the newcomers are left to their own devices. Maybe if they have a platform that give more directed learning, that also give feedback to its participant (in form of exp/achievements/badge) would be nice.

GameMaker Coaching is a new learning program designed to help you make great games easily. With GameMaker Coaching, you will be able to access a growing library of learning materials, produced and delivered by professional GameMaker developers.
To start, GameMaker Coaching is launching a regular webinar series that will run throughout 2022, delivered by expert coaches, including Aaron Craig (Let's Learn This Together), Josia Roncancio (w7games), and our very own Gurpreet Singh Matharoo (GameMakerStation).

The first webinar, entitled From Drag And Drop to GameMaker Language, will take place on 26th January 2022, 1pm PST / 9pm GMT and will be delivered by Aaron Craig. You can sign up by visiting the following link:

Later this month, you will also be able to access pre-recorded training videos. The first, created by Peter Morgan (aka Slyddar), will explore some various uses of GameMaker's powerful animation tool, Sequences. With more videos being added regularly and new learning formats being introduced throughout the year.

If you are interested in learning more about GameMaker Coaching or would like to get involved as a coach then please reach out to us at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you all at the first webinar.

Happy GameMaking!

Hello! I signed up for Wednesday's conference, but unfortunately my work just made it difficult for me to attend :,(

Will a video/recording of the seminar be available later for later viewing? Pleeeeease?

Thanks a lot!

peardox

The title makes me wonder if it's worth watching? I'll never write anything using DND (or create a project using the DND option) but I suppose knowing how the two relate to each other may make it worthwhile (if there's a bit of the manual that explains it, well obviously, not read that either)

Happy GameMaking!
Hi! is there a way to see yesterday webinar "From Drag And Drop to GameMaker Language" on the web. It was recorded?
Thanks!

I do not know if you have a plan on the seminars, scaling up the difficulty, or keeping them on beginner level intentionally but could i possibly request advanced seminar as well?

I want to thank YoYo & Josia for yesterday's webinar.
It was surprising for those of us who just started with this: in just one hour we made a simple game but with great potential and, precisely by working on it in parallel with Josia, many concepts that I had not fully grasped now have finally been understood.

I think you guys have a market for this type of webinar. Either free or even paid for small groups (like a complete course with different sessions).

Thanks again and I look forward to the next webinar.

bar1tech

Usually I get an email that a coaching session will take place so that I can sign up for it. I just noticed that a session on multiplayer games was held but I never got an email notification. Where are these events usually announced so I can bookmark or follow. Wondering how many I missed?

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Usually I get an email that a coaching session will take place so that I can sign up for it. I just noticed that a session on multiplayer games was held but I never got an email notification. Where are these events usually announced so I can bookmark or follow. Wondering how many I missed?
they are announced on twitter regularly
ive yet to get an email before an session
usually i get them an hour or a few hours before the actual stream

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There was an issue with the email server which - unfortunately - wasn't discovered until the day of the stream. However, I believe they will be hosting this stream again, and even if they don't it will be available on YouTube soon.

bar1tech

There was an issue with the email server which - unfortunately - wasn't discovered until the day of the stream. However, I believe they will be hosting this stream again, and even if they don't it will be available on YouTube soon.
Thanks!