Introduce Yourself

T

TGeorgeMihai

Username: TGeorgeMihai
Name: George ??
Where you're from: Romania
How long you've been using Game Maker: not too much
Any cool games you've made: Launch the CookieMan (v1 and v2)
Personality Type: Adventurer (ISFP-A)

Other things about yourself:
Hello, nice to meet you all.
I play games since the NES era and now I started to create them (or at least I'm trying).
At the moment I'm using Construct 2, but I'm also interested in GameMaker:Studio since it can export natively to a great number of platforms. (I have license for both programs)

D

Dr Sunnyside

Username: Dr Sunnyside
Name: Eric
Where you're from: Sweden
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a year
Any cool games you've made: Nope

I am making a new introduction. I brought game maker a long time ago, joined the forum and in amatuerish entusiasm very proud of his first game extremely prematurely uploaded it here and made a fool of myself. Having learned a lot since then I decided to give this forum another try. Apart from that I like, online gaming, writing/reading and mythology, especially Egyptian. Hello, everyone!

S

Shadow Gamer

Eh, might was well do this.

Username: Shadow Gamer
Old GMC Username: Shadow Gamer
Other usernames from past and present: Shadow Gamer, Shadow Overseer

Name: Lukas
Where you're from:
How long you've been using Game Maker:
Roughly 4 years, give or take. Intermittent use earlier on.
Any cool games you've made: Most recently, I've developed Lazar Fishies! and Beam Down Drone. Beam Down Drone was my first commercial project, and I'm quite proud of it. Of course, it has major flaws, and the foundation isn't that strong, but go check it out if you want a nice retro/shooter experience.
Plugs -
Lazar Fishies: http://gamejolt.com/games/lazar-fishies/184613
Beam Down Drone: https://shadowoverseer.itch.io/beam-down-drone
Personality Type: (I/E)NTJ. I'd like to think I inspired @RekNepZ to do this part, but I'm probably wrong. Nice idea, by the way.

Not a novice, but certainly not an advanced programmer. I aspire to work in games some day, and I try to do all I can towards that. My role models are both halves of Vlambeer, and basically all independent indies I come across that are significantly better than me (which is most of them).
I love to talk with other devs, so if you think I can help you with something, or just want to hit me up on PM, I'd love to talk.

P

pixelviking

Username: PixelViking

Name:
Jakob
Where you're from:Denmark/Canada
How long you've been using Game Maker:Had it for years but, recently started actively using it
Any cool games you've made: Working on my first
Personality Type: INFJ

Other things about yourself: I have a kid

spe

Username: spe

Name: Stephen
Where you're from: Scottsdale, Arizona (USA!)
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since version 6.1, I think I started around 2005 or 2006. Quit for a long time, then just returned to it a few weeks ago.
Any cool games you've made: None officially. I made a little zombie survival type game with the old 6.1 version, but I lost it when the computer broke, hence the extended hiatus. Currently I'm working on a trading card game. I should have a playable prototype up and running pretty soon.
Personality Type: INTP

C

Cristian

Hey Community! :)

I'm Cristian and I'm a 19 years old C++ programmer (novice level) and right now I've bought the software via Humble Bundle (yes, i'm poor) I'm trying to engage something real with this software like make some games, just little project (i have few of them).
Game Maker is my first Game Dev Software and I hope that I will find all what i need on this forum with you all! :)

Ah, right... I'm Italian, so I apologize my English, maybe it's not perfect

P.s.: i dunno if it's the right forum, this one, for introduce myself :bash:

Mercerenies

Hey, welcome to the forum! We've got a few Italian members, I believe, and honestly, your English is pretty good.

We do have an introductions topic, which is likely where your post will be sent, but nonetheless, I hope you get along nicely with the community and stay for a good long while! :)

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Ah, yes, that topic has been brought to my attention and now it's merged with the rest of introductions topic.

So, since you posted here...

...uh, I mean, hello there! That's totally what I meant to say. ^^' Good luck with game development using GM:S, that bundle was quite a sweet deal indeed~!

C

Cristian

Ok, ok, understood, now don't ban me from life çwç

thanks anyway! <3

sooooo here's my little I.D.

Username: Sareth
Old GMS Username: None
Other Usernames: none

Name:
Cristian
Where are you from: Roccapiemonte, Salerno , Italy
How long are you using GMS: Today :\

https://www.16personalities.com/ <- Personality:The Adventurer” (ISFP-T)

D

Daan920

Username: Daan920
Old GMC Username: Daan920 (but not active here, more on the Dutch GameMaker forums)
Other usernames from past and present: Daniel/Daniel920

Name: Daniel
Age: 17 (October the 15th is my birthday YAY! almost 18 ;3)
Where you're from: Holland (team Dutch yay)
How long you've been using Game Maker: A couple of years now, started with version 7
Any cool games you've made: None yet, just playing around with the software (but working on one right now!)
Personality Type: ENTERTAINER

My hobby's are playing games (FIFA / GTA Online ;3) and going out (to nightclubs, friends, soccer games).

I don't go to school at this moment because of my medical condition ( i got a perforated appendix just a month ago :( ), so i'm free to work on my game for a full year!

Hello, my name is Thor and I am the owner, C.E.O, and sole employee of Stonesword. I've always been a designer at heart, designing mechanics for games since I was young.
Just recently I decided to take a leap into what I love and crafting these amazing mechanisms I've created onto a tangible game for others to enjoy.
Though I must start small and simple, I have grand plans on shaking the industry as a whole with every title I release and even creating new genres as I progress.
As far as my creative mind takes me I still lack in some areas like programming. So I would be very grateful for any and all help that would be given. Also if anyone is interested in being apart of the founding of Stonesword and it's first game, message me and I will get back to you as soon as I am able.

L

lizard_mouth

Username: lizard_mouth

Name: bridget
Where you're from: chicago
How long you've been using Game Maker: -5 days never lol RIP
Any cool games you've made: i made one called cat finger once for a jam with my pal
Personality Type: INTJ

Other things about yourself: im just trying to have fun man

S

Sekaru

Username: sekaru

Name: Tudor
Where you're from: london
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a day
Any cool games you've made: Crawle, Superstatic, couple jam games (+ one with person above)
Personality type: ENFP-A

H

HyperbipolART

Moderator Note: Moved here from the Community Forum.

I was looking for an introduction forum but I couldn't find one, but this being the community forum, I thought, what better place to say hello?!

HELLO!

Okay that was a pretty big hello there but again, excited.

So a little bit about myself, I'm a person who makes things. I guess at this point in time you could call me an artist? I have an art blog. That's... That's kinda what I do. I mean, I have a real job as well so yeah but...

Anyways I'm 27! And I grew up on some Nintendo. Let me tell you. The NES controller was the first thing I touched upon being born. Don't ask me why the doctors had an NES in the delivery room when I was being born, maybe they were bored?

Either way, I'm a huge Nintendo fan. Nowadays I'm an indie PC gaming fanatic. If you asked what game inspired me that Game maker Studio was right for me I'd say... Hyper Light Drifter. That's like, my GOTY right now. No lies.

I've had experience with light game development before. RPG Maker 95 anyone? I made full games using that platform and it's successors. Never published any, they were always personal experiments and they're all lost to time anyways.

Actually you can read a little bit about that in today's blog post on my site, www.hypercyclingblogdisorder.com

I'm excited to see how accessible GML is. JavaScript wasn't so scary so hopefully GML isn't intimidating.

I've got plenty of ideas, many are simple because I know to start small but, I know I'll need help along the way so hopefully I can get that here.

So if anyone has any excellent learning resources that really helped them, please recommend them! I'd greatly appreciate it!

So thats my hello! HELLO!

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Haesito

Username: Haesito
Old GMC Username:nope
Other usernames from past and present:

Name: Daniel
Where you're from: Germany, Berlin
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 week? Humble Bundle gave me the chance to finally step into it.
Any cool games you've made: not yet.
Personality Type: simple guy trying to build something in his free time.

F

FIRO

Username: FIRO

Name:
Fırat
Where you're from: Istanbul/Turkey
How long you've been using Game Maker: I'm newbie.
Any cool games you've made: I hope I will make one
Personality Type: Leftist, helpful

Hi everyone. I'm living in Istanbul and studying economics. I want to join this entertainment hobby. It is incredible thing to make games, just think about it; universes with your dreams and imagination. Fantastic. I'm here because of learn this software in hobbyist level.

T

T. Edwards

Username: T. Edwards

Name: Trent Edwards
Where you're from: Arizona
How long you've been using Game Maker: Roughly 2 months
Any cool games you've made: not really just class projects.
Personality Type: Commander (ENTJ - A)

Other things about yourself: I am currently attending Glendale Community College. I am taking Game Technology, which is a Certificate of Completion course. Once I have completed this course I will be moving onto Game Development I & II, upon which I will have completed my studies. We are currently using GameMaker: Studio for our studies and was informed we will be using it throughout the entire course as well as in Game Development I & II so it looks like I will be having a lot of practice with the software. I figured I would join the YoYo Games forum to either ask questions, or maybe complete tutorials on my own time to get me a little ahead of the class. Its very nice to meet you all and I look forward to participating in this community.

C

Clip_It

Username: Clip_It
Where you're from: Ohio, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: About 10 years ago I picked it up and made several small games with the drag'n'drop features. Recently, I started getting back into it using strictly GML
Any cool games you've made: nothing that I still have saved
Personality type: Always arriving precisely late.
Other things about yourself: Father, student, machinist. I enjoy creating things and the outdoors, as well as games and sports. I wish I had more time to work on my games - or relax...

P

PTV

Well, since I'm taking a break form the tutorials, I'll add a post.

Name:
Marcos (or Mark for short)
Where you're from: Argentina
How long you've been using Game Maker: About an hour in.
Any cool games you've made: None. I used to create hand-drawn tabletop-esque "platformers" with dices and measuring tapes when I was a kid, does that count?
Personality type: I don't like to describe myself. Kinda shy, maybe?

So, yeah, that's me. I'm living with my soon-to-be wife and giving a shot at videogame making (a long postponed dream of mine). Hello all!

J

jdarnold

Username: jdarnold
Other usernames from past and present: Hieronymus, jda333

Name: Jonathan Arnold
Where you're from: Massachusetts, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 weeks
Any cool games you've made: Ultima Underworld, Shogun, Beyond Zork
Personality Type: LOGICIAN (INTP-A)

As you can see from "Other Games", in a previous life I worked on computer games, first at Infocom (where I met my wife, who was employee #3), then at Blue Sky Productions (which became Looking Glass Studios). But after the 6 month "deathmarch" getting the first UU out, I got out of that crazy business and have since enjoyed time working on Hyperstudio and now Visimeet, a high end video conferencing system. I love programming and would do it for free (shhh, don't tell my boss). I happened to fall into it, as I got hired by my father's friend when my entire qualification was basically that I knew what a keyboard looked like. And I haven't looked back since.

I keep wanting to get back into dabbling with games. I've tried Amazon's Lumberyard, as well as Humble's amazing CRYENGINE bundle, but the 3d worlds just don't seem to sink in any more, despite the fact that UU was one of the first free form 3D games ever. I've been eyeing GM Studio for a while now and just couldn't resist US$15 for a whole bunch of stuff, so I jumped in. Not sure yet what I'm going to do - some kind of co-operative RPG I think. But I hope I can get something going soon.​

J

Jaspers

Hello hello! I'm a little new to the GM community, but having skimmed a few of the threads and seen a good chunk of it, I'm very excited to take part. I'm Jaspers! I'm a writer, pixel artist, and game designer (If you can even call it that, ahah) with an affinity for all things horror and/or quirky. I've been working on the assets of a game of mine for a good long while now, but have only recently decided to pay the Game Maker forums a visit-- I hope to hear from all of you during my stay! ♥

sylvain_l

Username: sylvain_l
Old GMC Username: -
Other usernames from past and present: -

Name: sylvain
Where you're from: switzerland
How long you've been using Game Maker: few days (buying GMS last week of the humble bundle)
Any cool games you've made: nothing worth mentionning
Personality Type: (the one who don't like to share his personnality test)

Other things about yourself: -

K

kent valden

Username: Kent Valdén
Old GMC Username: -
Other usernames from past and present: As a musician Trace/PowerTrace

Name: kent valden
Where you're from: sweden
How long you've been using Game Maker: On and of for a few day since I bought it on a humble bundle sale I couldn't refuse where I thought, WHY NOT! I have always wanted to do a game :)
Any cool games you've made: None....yet... Always wanted to do a music synced game to my music...
Personality Type: I WANT to learn but are too lazy, I want to know stuff NOW!!

Other things about yourself: Mainly doing music that you can listen to at kentvalden.se
Done and stil does c64 and amiga remixes.
If anyone needs music I might help...If I have time.

I

Ianuarius

Hello, I'm Juha, or as the internets know me, Ianuarius.

I'm 31 years old and quite new to GameMaker. Our company Super God (we're based in Finland) started recently using it for development. So, now I'm here. Looking around, trying to see what other people are making with it. If you have a cool game that I can test on Windows, please point me to it or drop me a note.

What I've made previously? A lot of unfinished games and also Killing Engine and Led Rain. (See links below.)
http://killing-engine.com/
http://sevenshapesstudios.com/ledrain/

D

Dantevus

Heya everyone! I'm not good at talking about myself so I'm going to stick mostly to the opening suggestion.

Username: Dantevus

Name: Ken
Where you're from: Pennsylvania
How long you've been using Game Maker: About 3 months now.
Any cool games you've made: None completed yet.
Personality Type: INTJ/INTP pretty equally when I take the test.

Other things about yourself: I've always been interested in game development and I hope to do it full time if I can get enough success.

H

Hedonysym

I'm Hedonysym, most people shorten it to Hedo, you can do whatever.
I'm 17 and live in the US, and haven't been using GameMaker long, but like the software.
I am an INTP and am not motivated by much of anything to do much of anything.
I hope to be able to make an RPG at some point, but with my knowledge of GML as it is now, I'm pretty far off from doing that.
I joined this community out of boredom and a desire to do something with myself other than sit around all day.

Hope we get along.

V

Vectrex71

Hi there !

I'm Vectrex71 from Switzerland 45y old (OMG!) married and 2 Kiz. I used Stencyl for about 5 years and made Games like "PLEEZZ!" and "BALANZZE" but Stencyl has so much limitations and every year i had to pay the enourmous amount of 199$ That's insane for such a product that has so much limitations. 70% of my work was "to work around fails from Stencyl". It was not possible to FOCUS into my work. It was a releationship between hate and need :-( I was watching a long time for alternatives. I had Game Maker on my Radar, but it was to expensive for me with all the export Modules. But then i saw the Humble Bundle offer, and it was love on the first sight ! Thank you so much YoYoGames to give me now the opportunity to made my dream(s) true ! Although it is a big changeover for me, but I'm sure I'll make it.

BALANZZE

PLEEZZ

Thanks !

S

Samula Moore

Hello All,

This is Samula. Joined and very new to this forum. Looking forward to get some guidance.

I

Ingemann

So I'm Thomas, born in 75' - Denmark. I've been making games for many years, but I have only used GM:S for about a year on/off.

I've made this little strategy game as one of the last things in GM:S, https://shikaka-games.itch.io/ninja-master

And are currently working on this platformer..

T

themonster

Username: themonster
Old GMC Username: themonster

Name: Leo
Where's you're from: Dominican Republic
How long you've been using Game Maker: start learning it right now
Any cool games you've made: I am starting now ....
Personality Type: INFP (Mediator)

Other things about yourself: I like sci-fi movies, video-games, animation, technology, Graphic Design

W

Wild_West

Name : Keero Kamiya

EDIT : Username : Wild West

Where you're from : Newcastle Delaware

How long you've been using Game Maker : I don't know exactly but around 3 or 4 years but I'm still learning because I'm slow and there aren't any tutorials suited to a visual learning style.

Any games you've made : I actually made up two board games but haven't finished them in game maker because my first project is a platformer just to get familiar with everything.

Other things about yourself : My avatar on this forum is actually the main character in a fantasy universe I designed over the course of a year called Boken no Sekai, The world of Adventure, or just the adventure world for short. It's what my platformer is based off of, and I even completed a full soundtrack for it.

A

amusudan

Username: amusudan
Old GMC Username: amusudan
Other usernames from past and present: amusudan

Name: Amadou GenericLastName
Where you're from: Senegal/The Netherlands.
How long you've been using Game Maker: A little over a year now..
Any cool games you've made: Eh.... WIP one in my signature: BUNKER BUSTERS.
Personality Type: ADVOCATE PERSONALITY (INFJ, -A/-T).

Other things about yourself: I never know what to write in these kind of things...

B

Beechbone

Username: Beechbone
Old GMC Username: forgot credentials to my previous account which I wasn't really using for months, so a fresh start

Name:
Kamil
Age: Still in my twenties, yay! But not for much longer, boo!
Where you're from: Poland
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a year. No prior programming experience.
Any cool games you've made: I just made a little game for GBJam, and still working on other project. I encourage you to check out my GBJam entry over here: https://beechbone.itch.io/elevate
Personality Type: ARCHITECT (INTJ-T)

Other things about yourself: I'm incapable of playing fighting and RTS games for some reason. I just suck at these big time. Also, I'm a huge film buff!

D

Donnys

Username: Donnys
GMC old user name: none
Other user names past and present: none

Name: Donnys Carrasco
Where you come from: Venezuela
How long have you been using Game Maker: 10/12/2016
Any cool game that you performed: none
Personality type: flexible, ered

Other things about himself:
I like video games and want to develop them.
in Venezuela there des-sweeping indie and I hope to be one of the best not only of the country but of South America, it is nothing but a dream but with effort I can get it !!

español
Nombre de usuario: Donnys
GMC viejo nombre de usuario: ninguno
Otros nombres de usuario del pasado y del presente: ninguno

Nombre: Donnys Carrasco
De donde vienes: Venezuela
¿Cuánto tiempo has estado usando el fabricante del juego: 12/10/2016
Cualquier juego fresco que ha realizado: ninguno
Tipo de personalidad : flexible, bierto

Otras cosas acerca de sí mismo:
me gustan los vídeo juegos y quiero desarrollarlos.
en Venezuela no hay des-arrolladores indie y espero poder ser uno de los mejores no solo del país sino de américa del sur, es un sueño nada mas pero con esfuerzo puedo conseguirlo!!

R

Regius

Name: Regius
Where you're from: An insignificant planet from the vastness of space called the Earth
How long you've been using Game Maker: Just starting!
Any cool games you've made: Tons! But probably not cool
Personality Type: ENTP
It's my first time using Game Maker...I'm going to fail at it so badly but I want to give it a try. It's nice to meet you!

R

rosegoldphoenix

Name: Phoenix
Where you're from: I live and go to university in Lawrence, Kansas. It's basically the only decent part of Kansas and I intend to move ASAP.
How long you've been using Game Maker: I actually began using GM back when I was twelve or thirteen, in the Wayback when XP was still king. I picked it back up just in the last seven months or so.
Cool games: You can check out my thread on Mariana in the WIP board... I've got another, much larger project on the backburner as well, but nothing's been published yet.
Other things: I'm just really excited to be here! Despite being a philosophy and math major, designing games has always been my dream. I hope GMS can help make that a reality. <3

M

Majatek

Cześć! Hello!

My alias is Majatek (pronounced "Mah-yon-tek" for the curious), and I was previously known by my real name when I first started here (as such I'd rather not divulge) in the early years before YoYo Games' acquisition of Game Maker. I'm currently 25, I was born abroad from Poland in Greece, Athens, as my mother was working at the time, moved to Australia, and I've been using Game Maker for well over a decade now. I've made a lot of base engines, some simple score-based games in my years of education, but nothing particularly note-worthy - my latest project is still mostly under wraps, but as I develop it, I'll be gradually releasing bits of code I find useful or helpful with giving good game feel, as I'm working on a 2D isometric stealth-optional action adventure game, and polish (verb, not adjective) is a big component that must be perfected for the project to not fall flat on delivery.

Other things that I'm known for is voice acting, sprite art, graphics design and being a cynic of modern games... Especially titles that I grew up with, such as Halo. Become a gamedev they said. It'll be fun, they said. :p

My favourite media is, understandably, video games (also known as interactive multimedia in the arts), but I'm also a huge fan of literature and film, with favourites from the latter coming in such flavours as Avalon (2001), and Ghost in the Shell (1995).

EDIT: Avatar changed, omitted a line referring to it.

J

jnguless

Username: jnguless
Where you're from: Bangkok Thailand
How long you've been using Game Maker: around 2-3 year
Any cool games you've made: no nothing
Personality: try to develop some funny game
About: nothing special about my self .I'm only normal people to do a normal thing . forgive me if my Language not good enough ^^

and this my current platformer working

Y

Yacob

Username: Yacob
Username on Archive: Something like "HawkMoth"
Name: Yacob
Where you're from: Depressionham, England
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a year. Since Sept. 2015
Any cool games you've made: Not on game maker. did not release any yet.

More about me:
Voluntary hermit. Because I live in Nottingham, that's why. lmao
The only interesting things that happen here are bomb scares from people forgetting luggage in the local Victoria Centre.
I got my hands on GM and all export modules when an ex classmate told me about it on humble bundle.
From there, my plans to make GSK: Sun Man switched from just a simple, tap tap tap text-scroller with a few pictures-mobile game to a full fledged game for release on steam.
I used to use RPG maker 2003 cause it is the best out of the RPG maker series, hands-down.
From working on GSK, I increased my art skills a ton.

Is it just me or are the people here now after the previous forums have been archived a little less friendly?

*Strikes a :"You can go to six malls.. or only one" pose*

V

vickyleeps

Hi my name is victoria and i was born in Manchester. Happy to be here!

makas

Username: Makas (came from a long time distortions of my real name: Mauricio Cabral
Old GMS Username:
None
Other Usernames: none

Name: Mauricio
Where are you from:
Fresnillo, Zac. Mexico
How long are you using GMS: For a long time since gamemaker 6 I think but I leave it for a long of time untouched, Im computer ingennier, but as much as I loved programming I was working all this years on the hardware side of things... but I finally decided to leave all behind and try to pursuit my dream.
Any cool games you've made:
I have an android game called elefunfarts ( yeah is that amazing) :) that was my first experiment to test how to publish games on the playstore
here is a video a guy playing my game

and now im recently working in another game called wheels of war racing battle splitscreen physic based chaotic game :D the trailer:

Hello all! New to GameMaker: Studio and this forum, so I thought I should at least introduce myself!

Username: SilverSurfer1221

Name: Dan
Where you're from: Virginia, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a week
Any cool games you've made: None yet!

I am a 2D/3D artist. I've worked on real-time 3D training simulations, creating RT3D models. So, I am familiar with 3D modeling, UV mapping, and texture creation. I also draw with pencil and ink as well as digitally (and digitally paint as well). I've wanted to create my own game for some time and decided I wanted to do it in 2D or isometric and not actual 3D. Back in the day I coded in BASIC and know a bit of HTML/CSS. I've had some limited experience with some scripting languages. But I really don't consider myself a programmer at all. So, learning GML will be a fun experience. ;)

Other than that, I am a big sci-fi/fantasy geek, love games, comics, and read a lot.

D

DaleTron

Username: DaleTron
Other usernames from past and present:
Anything spinning off Del from Hiero but instead of del its 'Dale"

Name:
Clyde (like Clydesdale, but just Clyde)
Where you're from:
PHX baby!
How long you've been using Game Maker:
two weeks.
Any cool games you've made:
This one time I went to boston to see my BFF and made fighter game with pictures of us. Thats literally the only game I've ever made.
Personality Type:
Yeah a leo acts like a leo because they've been reminded they're whole life that they're a leo and what being a leo is. Does that mean they're a leo? No, it just means they were told negative and positive traits that are acceptable to embrace and practice; habit was formed, and now they're an image of those traits. That statement goes for all personality defining traditions: They're wack.

Other things about yourself: I'm nice, but I wont hesitate to keep it real. Going easy on peeps is going to hinder their growth. I've got migraines and the va cant figure it out. Ive been an ironworker my whole life- literally born in my old mans shop, was my daycare when my mom kept the books. Building is what I'm most comfortable doing. Since I'm incapable of building on my feet I'll do it here sitting down.

M

MrFlippy

Hello, everyone! I knew that there was a new GameMaker community in the works, but I didn't even know it'd be here already! Anyway, glad to see everyone here once again in this awesome community! I'm still setting up my profile. :D

Last edited:
G

Guest User

Username: AncientPaul
Old GMC Username: N/A
Other usernames from past and present: on here? none. on other forums "PaulFoster", "BuddyHollyAlways", "Paulgamer52".

Name: (no offence but I don't give out my real personal info, that's why I won't use things like facebook. I value my privacy)
Where you're from: England, North West part.
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 days. (yes, really)
Any cool games you've made: not yet and probably never anything 'cool'. The best I can ever hope for is "acceptable" lol
Personality Type: I don't understand this question?

I'm a gamer, a fanatical and passionate gamer. It started exactly on christmas day 1977 when my mother bought me an Atari 2600 console for xmas. it started a life long passion (and I'm sure she regretted it many times over the years. lol) in 1982 I got my first ever computer, a Sinclair ZX81, 1kb ram, no sound and black and white only but oh my, I so loved it. ..even when rampack wobble lost me hours of typing in games from magazines.

From there I went to a BBC Model B and then to a ZX Spectrum and back to another BBC (don't ask) and then eventually onto the C64 and Amiga.

My only 'programming' experience was typing game listings into the ZX81 (but it was done parrot-fashion, I never really learnt what it meant) and then later on I bought Amos for my Amiga and tried to learn how to program in basic ...maybe months later I gave up.

Then years and decades of just playing games until recently when I got Gamemaker Studio and thought I'd give it a crack, even though I'm old and quite dumb and slow to learn stuff at times.

I don't expect to ever make a game to sell or even to give others to play, but if I can learn enough to create some fun games for myself, that will be enough.

Current fave games:
PC - Elite Dangerous (been playing that series since 1984)
PS4 (yes, an old fart owns a console!) Skyrim, Mafia 3 and F1 2016.

P

PixelPunk

Hey there guys,
I'm new here (first post ^_^).
I actually purchased GM:S during last year's Humble Bundle but... shelved it away for a year because I couldn't find much time to mess around with it.
And... I bought it again this year (for the extra modules) hoping that throwing some of my pocket money into the ring would make me take an interest. Did it work? Well, I'm here!
I'm hoping that joining the official forums would help motivate me to try and make some games ;)

P.S. - That personality test is eerily accurate! 0_0
I'm an INTJ - A

Cheers!

P

PixelPunk

Username: AncientPaul
Old GMC Username: N/A
Other usernames from past and present: on here? none. on other forums "PaulFoster", "BuddyHollyAlways", "Paulgamer52".

Name: (no offence but I don't give out my real personal info, that's why I won't use things like facebook. I value my privacy)
Where you're from: England, North West part.
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 days. (yes, really)
Any cool games you've made: not yet and probably never anything 'cool'. The best I can ever hope for is "acceptable" lol
Personality Type: I don't understand this question?

I'm a gamer, a fanatical and passionate gamer. It started exactly on christmas day 1977 when my mother bought me an Atari 2600 console for xmas. it started a life long passion (and I'm sure she regretted it many times over the years. lol) in 1982 I got my first ever computer, a Sinclair ZX81, 1kb ram, no sound and black and white only but oh my, I so loved it. ..even when rampack wobble lost me hours of typing in games from magazines.

From there I went to a BBC Model B and then to a ZX Spectrum and back to another BBC (don't ask) and then eventually onto the C64 and Amiga.

My only 'programming' experience was typing game listings into the ZX81 (but it was done parrot-fashion, I never really learnt what it meant) and then later on I bought Amos for my Amiga and tried to learn how to program in basic ...maybe months later I gave up.

Then years and decades of just playing games until recently when I got Gamemaker Studio and thought I'd give it a crack, even though I'm old and quite dumb and slow to learn stuff at times.

I don't expect to ever make a game to sell or even to give others to play, but if I can learn enough to create some fun games for myself, that will be enough.

Current fave games:
PC - Elite Dangerous (been playing that series since 1984)
PS4 (yes, an old fart owns a console!) Skyrim, Mafia 3 and F1 2016.
If you'd like to see your personality type, head over to https://www.16personalities.com/ and take a test; post the result here, maybe?
That was a hyperlink so you should be able to click it in the original post and it will take you there!