Introduce Yourself

H

halfnick

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community! If you're not sure what to say, here's a guide (use as much of it as you choose)

Username: Halfnick
Old GMC Username: None
Other usernames from past and present: None

Name: Nick Wolsky
Where you're from: Minnesota
How long you've been using Game Maker: Almost a year now
Any cool games you've made: None yet, but I have a project that I've been working on for a couple of years now.
Personality type: Lazy

Other things about yourself: I'm freakishly tall

C

Cryptic Crusader

Username: Cryptic Crusader

Name: Justin Quinones
Where you're from: America
How long you've been using Game Maker: I've been on and off on it, mainly because of school, and from not knowing how to make a game
Any cool games you've made: Currently planning one called Project-Ģ̸̾l̶̛̅i̷̽̓t̵͛̓c̷̩͛h̶̘̓é̵̠d̷̋̀
Personality Type: INFP-A / INFP-T

Other things about yourself: I love video games

ReverielYurikoSucks

average vtubers enjoyer
Username: ReverielYurikoSucks- that's a rather long story, tldr that's a nick i'm using in fate extella
From Poland
How long you've been using Game Maker: Few hundreds hours and counting
Personality: Chaotic Neutral, I guess?
Other things about yourself:
> Interesting things easily grab my attention
> Master of unfunny jokes

Pleasure to meet. ^ ^

Last edited:

pixeltao

Username: pixeltao
Old GMC Username: pixeltao

Name: Jonathan Lavigne
Where you're from: Montréal, Québec, Canada

How long you've been using Game Maker: Since GM7, so ~12 years?
Any cool games you've made: Ninja Senki (http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=493662)
Might as well add this old tutorial: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=401209

Hi! My name is Jonathan Lavigne and I love coding, pixeling, and designing games.

I've worked on a bunch of games at Gameloft and Ubisoft from 2002 to 2010: Star Wars Episode III (GBA), Kong: The 8th Wonder of the World (GBA), Open Season (GBA), TMNT (GBA), and Scott Pilgrim VS The World: The Game (XBOX 360 and PS3).

I've founded Tribute Games in 2011 with Jean-François Major and Justin Cyr and we've been making our own games since then: Wizorb, Ninja Senki, Mercenary Kings, Curses 'N Chaos and Flinthook.

I'm not a professional programmer (I mostly do game design and pixel art), but I've used GML, C# with XNA and a bit of GDScript for my side projects and prototypes.

Nice to meet you all!

F

fizzog

Username: Fizzog

Name: Jesse
Where you're from: NY => Damn Yankee => Currently in Georgia
How long you've been using Game Maker: Trial Period
Any cool games you've made: -
Personality: None

Other things about yourself: 12+ years as a Software Engineer

Anyone know how flexible the Web License is? Does it generate code that works well in both a desktop browser "AND" a mobile browser?

Zechevalier

I install people's internet for money, and program stuff for fun.

I jive with making games, making music, getting swole, break-dancing, and too many hobbies for my own good.

D

Dreamergirl450

Hi my name is Marilyn
About 3 months ago I got into game coding I use game maker studio 2 and it’s so easy for me to use I have a question tho

I created a game and I added controls for MacBook Air and ps4 but I wanna add touch screen controls for iOS.

How do I do that?.

A

alanacarol

Helo Everyone,

This is Alana Carol, working as a marketing manager in Lake B2B.

K

Kasra_n

Hi there
My name is kasra 21 years old, and using game maker studio about 1 year, so iam doing mobile dev only and this is why i choosed gml which is an interpreter programming language, and also simulating is easy and fast in this ide, so not making any cool game but i will in this summer :)

M

May

Username: Uriel "Nekko" T.
Old GMC Username: I'm new here, So I never have other username
Other usernames from past and present:....

Where you're from: Brasil

How long you've been using Game Maker: 2...Weeks
Any cool games you've made: it's my first time so... perhaps in 2022 you can see my game
Other things about yourself: I already use other game engines like Love 2D, Clickteam/ multimedia fusion, MonoGame and Blender, but I never try for a real thing, so I only lost time with them

Hi! Wow, it's been like... over a decade since I've checked these forums out, back when I made games with my brother.
I'm Chris, a pixel artist. The reason I'm here is to offer my services as an artist to game developers. Also to check out what's happening in the GM scene.

Talk to you later :)

K

Krbld

Username: Karboloid

Name: Aleksei
Where you're from: Russia
How long you've been using Game Maker: something like 6 month.
Any cool games you've made: Heavy Sky (iOS, Android)

Other things about yourself: I can drink water and also I can eat food.

I

IcecreamPie

Hi guys, my name is IcecreamPie
I love gamemaker but haven't made anything cool yet (soon!) :D
I'm into Dr Pepper and fried chicken
Looking forward to being part of this forum! :)

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
I never did this lol, so here it goes

Username: matharoo
Old GMC Username: matharoo
Other usernames from past and present: well I used to use my phone number as my username, I was stupid

Name: Gurpreet Singh Matharoo
Where you're from: India
How long you've been using Game Maker: 6 years
Any cool games you've made: Tubetastic | My Itch page
Personality Type: Depressive

Other things about yourself: my neighbors are annoying

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
Hi, this is fun! =]

Internet Name: Kezarus
Using GM since: 2006
Cool games: OverKill / Endless RPG
Personality Type: Advocate (78% Introvert, 51% Intuitive, 51% Feeling, 75% Judging, 89% Turbulent)

Other things about yourself: I like to use this emoticon a lot =]

D

droidsignal

Hello,
I am Tanvir,
I am from BD.
My main work is Web design and development.
I am only 25 years old.
Extra:
I love playing games on Mobile,
Also, I make games modification through GameGuardian and Lucky patchers.

Z

Zubaran

Warm tear,

My name is Thibault but I'll go by Zubaran around here.
I'm 33 and I'm writing from Paris, France.

Cheers!

A

Alessandro

Hi, everyone! How are you doing? I hope you are doing well!

My name is Alessandro, 33, from São Paulo, Brazil, but really motivated to change to Canada, I hope soon.

I don't have much experience with Game Maker yet, but I made two games with it, the traditional "Hello World game", Pong, and the Breakout game. Certainly, I'll do my best to gain much more experience developing with Game Maker from now.

I like to code, coffee, write about technology, science, math, logic, philosophy, play the piano, drawing, sports, I like to keep myself productive and creative.

That is it! I also like to make friends, so, feel free to talk to me.

Let's keep creating!

F

Felipe Paluco

Username: Luphos
Old GMC Username: No one.
Other usernames from past and present: Lunos or Luphos

Name: Felipe Paluco
Where you're from: São Paulo, Brazil.
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 weeks
Any cool games you've made: no one yet
Personality Type: Quiet, Emotional and curious.

Other things about yourself: I like to play some video games on my free hours, study some thing about universe or another 💩💩💩💩, and be updated of the entire world news.
Just a boy like others. Don't create expectation about me.

A

Alejandro Sorroza

Hello, I'm new here

Username: Supposedly was gonna be alexsorroza.... but anyway, my name is Alejandro Sorroza
How long you've been using Game Maker: I've been using Game Maker since the old version, but right now I'm really starting to try and test things on it with Game Maker 2

I hope to post more things as I start with questions and trying things on Game Maker.

Sir Raitan

Username: Sir Raitan
Name: Raitis
Where you're from: Latvia
How long you've been using Game Maker: First encountered it 6 years ago. Started taking it seriously about 8 months ago.
Any cool games you've made: Not yet (but hopefully I will release something in the next 3 months or something)
Personality type: INTJ-T (Architect)

Other things about yourself: I have various skills that I don't have a particular use for including wooden prop making (swords and those sorts of things) and shooting a traditional longbow.

E

Eliza Marshal

Hi,

My name is Eliza Marshal
I am 32 Years old.
I am from Birmingham, UK
I love to play games but i have not developed a game. Thanks.

S

SLx

Username: SLX

Have known about GM since about GM5.1, haven't used it in over a decade. Figured the forums would be a good place to go to kick things off.

M

Mustid

Username: Mustid

Name: Justin
Where you're from: New Zealand
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since I was 13 :)
Any cool games you've made: Haven't posted any games. But I made a star wars spin off thing that was kind of like asteroids and a driving game for a school project :)

Other things about yourself: I created a maze runner game on roblox when I was 10. After making it I new game making was what I wanted to do and then I came across Gamemaker Studio 1! Best thing that I've found.

Q

Quotentickles

Username: LesbianJellyfish
Old GMC Username: First time, don't have one

Name: Quote
Where you're from: Toronto
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 years
Any cool games you've made: Not on Gamemaker, but I have made a few bad games on other dev software and they were pretty bad and lost in time
Personality Type: Clueless and needs help

Nothing really of note, typical nerd trying to make a game​

F

Folangas

Username: Folangas
Name: Frederick
Where you're from: New Jersey
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 day

Other things about yourself: im stupid, but i love guitars

KPJ

Username: KPJ

Name: Krishna
Where you're from: Canada

How long you've been using Game Maker: I started when I was about 9, so for about 3 years. For the first month I used drag and drop, but after that I switched to GML.

Any cool games you've made: I've made many small projects (mostly action games) with GameMaker, but I've only released three - Hotspot, a small project that is my first completed game, Save the Lights, my GMC 33 Jam entry, my first ever jam, and Objective: Stealth, my entry for the 34th GMC Game Jam. You can see them on my itch page here: https://krishnajawale.itch.io.

Other things about yourself: I love sports, especially hockey and soccer, and I love game development! Right now, I'm working on a platformer stealth game, similar to Mark of the Ninja, which I hope to get onto Steam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

SanDeity

Name: Caleb
How long you've been using Game Maker: About 3 years now. I started up with a version I don't remember and used that for about 2 years and have recently gotten back in to using Game Maker 2.
Any cool games you've made: Nothing I have done has made it anywhere past my computer but I would like to join here and learn more so that I can change that :)

Other things?

AtKiba

Name: AtKiba
How long you've been using Game Maker: I used GM1 like 4 years ago when I was looking some game engines but I never made anything with it, I'm just starting with GM2 and about to buy a licence.
Any cool games you've made: Nothing yet but as many others I'm trying to get into videogame making.

Hi everyone :D I'm a programmer, I always wanted to make games since I was a child, I studied to be a programmer but then I started a job and never put myself into it, so I've been working as a programmer for 4 years now and I hope I can make something that makes me feel proud, and also I hope I get to know people around here.

S

shadowblade9

Username: shadowblade9
Old GMC Username: this is my first
Other usernames from past and present: TobyFox_wannabe

Name: rather not say
Where you're from: America
How long you've been using Game Maker: about 9 days
Any cool games you've made: none
Personality Type: funny

Other things about yourself: I have for a long time wanted to create games, and when I found out Undertale was made using GMS I installed it and have stuck with it for almost 10 days now. I have a large interest in RPG games and am trying to create one of my own.

S

StonerGameInc

Username: StonerGames
Name: Andrew Young
Where you're from: Earth
How long you've been using Game Maker: On and off for a few year's here and there.

Personality Type:
I'm a wild card in person, been in and out of jail alot with a past that's dark. I found my light and am going to create my video game company with Big hit games i'm hoping some day and along my journey to doing so I hope to meet other Developer's who wanna do the same thing. I am very 420 friendly and that is IT! not even in to alcohol or nicotine. I don't want to just make video game's about WEED WEED AND MORE WEED, my games i want to have a good story, but also is 420 friendly cause you gotta love mother nature, but weed is just the foresting on my cake's the story line and fun times people will be having with our games is the cake it self. I listen to music alot as well and do my own writing's as YOUNG-(realyounglyricist on FB : )
I mainly like rap and country, for example I jam out to ( Eminem, NF, Witt Lowry, Gremlin, B-mike, Enkay47, Karacter and a few other's.)

I quit a few times on chasing the "Dream" all because my life got very and really dramatic.
Between losing loved one's to death and alienating parents, battling depression & addiction, finding out everyone i trusted were snakes who was setting me up for failure so i was bound to fail to now finding myself and making a come back!
i'm fighting like hell to achieve my dreams, turn my nightmare life into something great and to never, under any circumstances EVER give up again!!!!

I lost over 150+ lbs, getting in recovery and giving my Dreams 1 last shot and i'm giving it all that I got!

Any cool games you've made:
I am in the works on them right now & I am hoping this to be one of our 1st Game's:
The-Legacy-of-Pa-Dead-Impact-I.png
Thanks for having me :)

S

StuffMaker

Username: StuffMaker

Name:
Eric
Where you're from: Florida
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a month
Any cool games you've made: Working on it

I've been designing and developing apps for a long a long time and have always liked making games best. I used to make Flash-based games a long while back and glad to be getting into the swing with GMS2!​

S

shadowelite7

Username: shadowelite7

Name:
Jasper D. Rogers
Where you're from: South Carolina
How long you've been using Game Maker:
2 or 3 months
Any cool games you've made: Currently working on one
Other things about yourself: I plan to be a software developer when I go to college next year. My goal was to learn a coding language (and an engine) to make a game.

Username: Lugiafan123
Name: That's private
Where you're from: Sweden
How long you've been using gamemaker: A few months.
Any cool games you've made: None so far but I'm working on it.

Other things: Just a newcomer looking for advice and some chitchat. If you wanna talk I'm up for it

C

Cotcho

Username: Cotcho
How long i've used gamemaker: Not all that long. Going through some tutorials and coming to grips with the engine. Have bought a license for it so the intent is to eventually get something out there.

Newcomer joining the community for discussions around game design and GameMaker.

I've never made a game, always have wanted to, but struggled with the learning curve. I hope with GameMaker I can get over that roadblock (so far it looks promising).

fishfern

Username: fishfern
Old GMC Username: N/A
Other usernames from past and present: N/A
Name: Christian
Where you're from: Australia
How long you've been using Game Maker: 10ish years, in varying degrees of depth.
Any cool games you've made: I have made a couple of small games from time to time, but nothing hugely special.
Other things about yourself: I'm totally fascinated by procedural generation, and things that make things. If a game has intricate systems that interact with each other, I'm pretty much sold. It could be the gardening... maybe... probably.

C

cottonsquab

Username: CottonSquab (It's the same on almost every platform)

Name: David B.
Where you're from: Kentucky ----> Tennessee
How long you've been using Game Maker: ~ 1 year
Any cool games you've made: Husk (WIP), SM64 Tardis Mod (WIP)
Personality Type: ENTP-T (although MBTI is just astrology for people who watch Rick and Morty)

I have a 3 month old son, I am interested in 3D printing and design, I also knit and play various instruments. I have a solid background in graphic design.

M

MeerFX

Username MeerFX
Old GMC Username Sir_Hendro

Age 34
Country Germany
GM User since 2007

After taking a 3 year break i'm now back to continue developing with Game Maker Studio.

Username: Appletreeman
Old GMC Username: n/a
Other usernames from past and present: !Hoot, Trolley, chr$, chrs
Name: Chris
Where you're from: Sherwood Forest, UK
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 weeks (ish)
Any cool games you've made: I wrote and published a game for iOS using the Corona SDK back in 2012. I've since re-written it and brought it up to date but haven't done anything with it. I've also got loads of 80-90% finished projects that will probably never see the light of day.
Personality Type: ISFP-T (Adventurer)

Other things about yourself: Most of my best friends are trees.

B

B3llyk0

Username: b3llyk0
Old GMC Username: i don't have one
Other usernames from past and present: B3lly and b3llyk0

Name: Joaquín Cisternas (yes, it is spanish)
Where you're from: I'm from Chile
How long you've been using Game Maker: so long for 2 weeks, and i'm really enjoying it
Any cool games you've made: I'm working on a shoot'em up game with like metal slug vibes
Personality Type: I'm an introverted person but i open myself when i talk to people about stuff i like, or when i know him well enough to talk about personal things

Other things about yourself: I'm a born player, played games since i was 3 or 4 with my brothers, and i'm looking forward to keep improving to make a good game

K

Kitsune

Username: Kitsune
Old GMC Username: n/a
Other usernames from past and present: n/a

Where you're from: The depths of the Black Forest/GER
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2016
Any cool games you've made: Some others, but none with GM

Other things about yourself: 50:50 art/dev hybrid

A

Artemy_Privalov

Username: Artemy_Privalov
Name: Artemy
Where you're from:
R
u

s
s

i
a

How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 years
Personality Type: ISFJ-Т
Other things about yourself: I am engaged in programming, design, drawing and creating games
Mostly I make 2D games and work on them alone
I use all my skills when creating projects...

Perhaps you will be interested in me, as a developer for your projects, perhaps an artist, or maybe a programmer...

D

Deleted member 45063

Name: Rui Rosário
Where you're from: Portugal, but living in Germany
How long you've been using Game Maker: Started using it around 2009 / 2010, but haven't used it for some years.

Software Developer for a living (first Backend Developer, currently Embedded Developer). Came back to the community due to nostalgia regarding GameMaker (although I don't think I'll be using it again... don't want to have a Windows machine and don't want to go through the trouble of trying to add compatibility layers in Linux for using the IDE) and since I hope the community is still half as good as it was before. I've had several accounts throughout the years (both in the old GMC forum and in the current one) but I no longer have access to the login details of my old account in order to ask for it to be reactivated so I decided to have a fresh start. Hope to get back into game development in the near future, in which case I'll be back to relying heavily on this community once again.