Sillyddog

Username:Sillyddog

Name: Milan
Where you're from: Belgium
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 months
Any cool games you've made: none lmao
Personality Type: can be chill but really mad at times

Evening!

Name's Chris although I nick CheeseMyBaby... you know, from the song? Be-bop-a-lula... cheese my baby.
Good song.

I'm 38, from Sweden, father of two, married, ex-musician, ex-photographer, ex-filmmaker. Been working in the school system for the past decade.

I've made two acts (out of 5) in a (text adventure) game called "The great something". Act I is called "the extraordinarily stupid tale of a former content chaser". It's about a depressed youtuber who pretty much lost everything. It's dark and it got me slightly depressed so I moved on and left it unfinished and unpublished.
Then I found GMS2 on a whim and fell in love instantly.

I've already had the pleasure of getting some assistance from you fine a** people in the forums but I've never formally introduced myself.
Hi, I'm Cheese. Nice to be here!

C

ChaoticSigh

Username: ChaoticSigh
Old GMC Username: n/a
Other usernames from past and present: n/a

Name: CS
Where you're from: Wild West
How long you've been using Game Maker: Not long now
Any cool games you've made: Work in progress
Personality Type: Chaotic Neutral

Other things about yourself: Self taught artist and songwriter. Mostly I play games and have always wanted to make a full game of my own. So that's what I'm here for.

M

mizzy

Greetings!
My name is Christine.. I've been a game dev for about 12 years now. I was a UI designer/artist for most that time, and have worked on a large variety games/platforms. I've had brief encounters with gamemaker now and then, and have recently rekindled my motivation to code/build something on my own. So here I am! Nice to meet you :D

W

Walky

Username: Walky

Name:
Tomás

Where you're from:
Chile

How long you've been using Game Maker:
6 months. Already had 1.4 from an old bundle but decided to get GMS2 early on development before it became too messy to migrate the project (which happened to be the right choice!).

Any cool games you've made: Currently working on my first game, called "Backpack Twins".

Other things about yourself:
Self taught. Before switching my focus to game development I worked as lead PHP developer for a small company for around 5 years, under an extremely toxic management, and before that I worked on my own designing and building CNC routers.

I'm particularly fond of stop motion animation and hope to use it in a future project (was supposed to be in my current one but due to time constraints and a recent family tragedy it became too much to handle).

I also used to collect old videogames, consoles and computers and tinker with them (such as building custom NES EPROM multicarts or a MAME cabinet) but those days are long gone. I have some stuff left but maybe 10% of what it used to be.

I hope to get to know lots of fellow developers in this community, so hello everyone!

Last edited:
D

Drago the Shinigami

Greetings.
I am Drago.

I am just starting to use Game Maker Studio 2 (got it in November 2018), and trying to remake my game that I almost finished in RPG Maker MV. It's called Unholy Crusade.

I'm quite new to the scene of game making, as I'm still working on my first game. (I might have even bit off more than I can chew with it, by going for an RPG as my first. Oh well. :D)

I also have a neurological condition called Tourette's Syndrome.

I don't know what else to say, so I'll leave this here.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

ByteZek

Name: Brian
Where you're from: California
How long you've been using Game Maker: 8 Years
Any cool games you've made: No real games, just a few projects.

I really just use GameMaker for fun as a hobby. I never make any real games, I mainly dilly dally around.

L

LordNoob

Username: LordNoob

Name: Seba
Age: celebrating the 10th aniversary of my 20th birthday (30)
Where you're from: Argentinac
How long you've been using Game Maker: like 6 or 7 months... And i suck at it...
Any cool games you've made: im trying... Keyword being trying
Other things about yourself: I came here to Lord and to be a total noob... And im all out of Lord...
Favourite singer: Lorde (duh)

Anonyore

Username: Anonyore

Name: Sean
Where you're from: North Carolina, USA
How long you've been using GameMaker: around a year
Any cool games you've made: N/A
Other things about yourself: I like skateboarding and traveling!
Favorite singer: Joe Casey

Last edited:
Old GMC Username: SilentxxBunny

Name: I AM ERROR.
Where you're from: a simpler time.
How long you've been using Game Maker: GM5
Any cool games you've made: Grid Lock is pretty cool, but nothing noteworthy.
Fun Fact: the princess is in another castle.

Last edited:
R

rocky balboa

I am new to the forum and I have joined the forum to have the answers of my question and many other situations where I can also give answers to the issues.

S

sabrosito

aay im sabrosito and i love games with cars and shooting stuff
im from Arizona and i started using gamemaker a few months ago.

F

Filipe Valente Mendes

Username: Filipe Valente Mendes

Name:Filipe Valente Mendes
Where you're from:Belém - Pará - Brasil
How long you've been using Game Maker: since Game Maker 8.1
Any cool games you've made: That Public are able to play: Monta Pizz'Up (on facebook), Ghostein (Itch.io), Data Rescuer (Global Game Jam 2018), BOON (Global Game Jam 2019). Other games were serious games that I was hired to get into.
Personality Type: That is for the others to say about, not myself.

Other things about yourself: Concept Artist, Game Artist, Game Designer and Illustrator.

J

Jordanb

I'm JB, Jordnb - have been around here since 2001 but only recently logged in to the new forums. I made a bunch of games back in the day such as People Hate What They Can't Understand, Vortex and Shuttle series. More recently I made some narrative games (I Remember The Rain) and am back on here to post a new jam project we made!

C

CodeBum

Hello, I am CodeBum. I like to code a lot! I am thinking about buying the license again for Game Maker Studio 2. I still have a question, which is better Game Maker or GODOT? If you don't want to answer that!s okay. I am here to be peaceful and learn about all the products I am offered in game development. Thank you! :)

Aajowa

Username: Aajowa
Old GMC Username: Probably also Aajowa but I forget
Other usernames from past and present: Aajowa, Aajowa1 (A guy in America is in perpetual competition for me for the acronym)

Name: Aaron John Wadsworth (Aaron John Washington is a jerk)
Where you're from: Australia
How long you've been using Game Maker: Like ten zillion years, but i'm STILL not good
Any cool games you've made: Anilor until my laptop blew up, now Anilor again but better
Personality Type: Dunno

Other things about yourself: Trying to get to five posts so I can try to upload a picture. Veeery keen on grand strategy and dogs.

N

NicholasNC

Username: NicholasNC
Where you're from:Australia
How long you've been using Game Maker:
about 6 months
Any cool games you've made: havent specificaly finished a cool game
but rather made cool game mechanics like depth of perception for 2d rpgs.
I have over 800 hours in crusader kings2. that game never gets old

K

KambalPinoy

Hi I'm KambalPinoy, well actually my name is Rachel, I'm new here in this GM community and I'm here to find some help, someboy who would teach me how to use GMS2

M

Misu

Hi I'm KambalPinoy, well actually my name is Rachel, I'm new here in this GM community and I'm here to find some help, someboy who would teach me how to use GMS2
Hi there and welcome! Check out the Mentor Thread in the Programming subforum. They have people who can help you get started. Plus they have a discord server for live chatting with people that have great experience.

K

KambalPinoy

Hi there and welcome! Check out the Mentor Thread in the Programming subforum. They have people who can help you get started. Plus they have a discord server for live chatting with people that have great experience.
I see, thank you

D

Dropsuitcaptain

Username:Dropsuitcaptain

Name:Hunter

Where you're from:USA

How long you've been using Game Maker: Don't know exactly when i got gm:s but started using gms2 recently

Any cool games you've made: Haven't really made any trying to learn

Misbug

Username: Misbug

Name: Giuseppe
Where you're from: Italy
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 years
Any cool games you've made: The Textorcist (using GM) and worked on a few more on other IDE/Engines
Personality Type: bring me a beer and I'll tell you

Other things about yourself: I mainly push pixels but I aspire to be a platypus

Waterticket

Username: Waterticket

Name: Kim Yeongsang
Where you're from: South Korea
How long you've been using Game Maker: about 6 years or above
Any cool games you've made: Jump!

Kiwi

Name: George
Where you're from: Scotland
How long you've been using Game Maker: Half a year or something like that
Any cool games you've made: Still trying to learn at the minute, have made a bunch of personal Flash games in the past though
Other things about yourself: I like puns

B

Baukereg

Username: Baukereg

Name: Bauke
Where you're from: the Netherlands
How long you've been using Game Maker: all in all maybe a year
Any cool games you've made: lot of Flash games back in the days XD
Personality Type: I wish it was winter all year long
Other things about yourself: loves World Rally Championship and drinks Grolsch beer

E

Ester

Name: Ester
How long you've been using Game Maker: Two years
Personality type: Slytherin
Other things about yourself: Ready for summer

M

Misty

Not sure if I've posted in this thread before, I used the search engine and it said I did not, so here goes.

Name: Misty
Where: I am from the year 20000x sent to this world on a cosmic purpose to save this world and make a better world. I was born in the BoChozo homeworld.

GM use: Used GM for 14 years, exactly the same as Link's age in the Triforce. (Actually I might have used it for 15 years or more, my memory is not too good tbh.)
Hobbies: I don't watch television except for occasional episodes of Top Gear, which is a serious show about cars.
Other things about myself: Heart problems, yet not obese.

Last edited:

unsinister

Username: unsinister

Name: Andreas
Where you're from: Sweden
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since I was really young, but more seriously for about 7 years.
Any cool games you've made: Not really! I've made a bunch of cool systems and game concepts though. I'm looking to show some of that of here on the forums and look for feedback. See you around :)

R

RenSerenity

Name: Serenity
Where you're from: Texas
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since January this year!
Any cool games you've made: None yet :)
Personality Type: XNFJ

Other things about yourself: Yoko Taro is my favorite game writer :)

H

HollowGhost

Username: HollowGhost

Name:
Flo
Where you're from: Germany
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a week :D
Any cool games you've made: Get out of bed every day!
Personality Type: INFP-T & full of dark humor

Still learning gml. Coming from RPG Maker and want to do more individual Stuff.
More an artist than a coder, but I'll get it slowly.
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

Nice to meet you! ♥

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave-E

Username: Dave-E
Old GMC Username:
Other usernames from past and present:

Name: David
Where you're from: NE Wisconsin
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a week
Any cool games you've made: not yet!
Personality Type: Sans serif

Other things about yourself: I'm a graphic artist and illustrator

S

sendhelp@me1

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community! If you're not sure what to say, here's a guide (use as much of it as you choose)

Username: sendhelp@me
Where you're from: the netherlands
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 weeks, i need help
Any cool games you've made: none, i need help

Other things about yourself: i have to make an assignment for school and i can't figure it out and i hope to find some help here

S

Serrurier Lausanne Ouvrir

Hi there, I am Serrurier Lausanne. I am 34 years old. I am from Switzerland. I am new for a game market. I hope, it is ok. I haven't made anything worth talking yet.
Personality type - I like to meet new people. I am cheerful and very active.

curato

Username: Curato
Age: I have my first game I made on a TRS-80 on cassette tape years old. (But I make it look good!)
Where you're from: USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: I think I dabbled a bit with 8.1 before studio came out
Any cool games you've made: I have Alphabet Acceleration on the Google play story if they haven't kicked it off for needing an update. I just put Nerd Word out on google play. Seriously thinking about doing a bigger project maybe something in the horror area.
Personality Type: Can you be laid back and OCD at the same time?

Other things about yourself: I am the IT director for a large company. I do most of the programing on our custom ERP. Other that I am programmer, artist, used to be big into writing poetry, love philosophy, mythology, and random weirdness.

Username: DeadFlamingo(Productions)
Old GMC Username: Colton530

Name: Colton
Where you're from: California, currently in Tennessee
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2008, didn't get decent until 2010-ish, still pretty novice/intermediate
Any cool games you've made: I was only ever really known for Infinite Stick War of Death, which got maybe 4,000 plays...Not too popular, but I helped a lot on coding for other people's games or support here on the forum.
Personality Type: I used to be the a-hole. I'd consider myself a little better now, I like to mess with people still.

Other things about yourself: I'm very politically opinionated(libertarian views) so if you ever need to understand something bout politics are reasons behind what's going on, I'm 100% your guy, I have talkpoints on both sides. I like to drink and chat, so if I'm over chatty just let me known, I'm more reasonable when I'm drinking, I'll also keep my habit to myself and not talk about it in case the mods are nervous.
I'm also an amateur astro-physicist, if you need a formula or equation in calculus or trig, I'm not thee guy, but I'm sure I'm more available.

Sporkinator

It's been a long time... how have you been?

Former Username:
Hehe...
You thought perhaps I was someone new...
But it was me all along...
Big J!
Twitter: @Sporkin8or

I thought the forums were closed and dead, and yet here they are, still alive. I have so many questions. I see posts from 2016, but last I checked in 2018, the forums were not open for posting. I guess my account got deleted too, tried to reset my password for good measure and it said an account with my email did not exist. I've been using Game Maker since version 6.1, but 6.1 had massive problems. Baseline is GM7 now, though I also have 5.3, 8, 8.1, and Studio. Studio feels really foreign to me, so I haven't got into using it yet.

I actually haven't legit developed games in years, but I have been helping somebody else make games over the years.

M

Misu

It's been a long time... how have you been?

Former Username:
<snip>
Of my 9 years medling with the community, ... I dont know who the hell you are nor do I think anyone here does... But hey, at least you are back right? Welcome back stranger.

Sporkinator

Of my 9 years medling with the community, ... I dont know who the hell you are nor do I think anyone here does... But hey, at least you are back right? Welcome back stranger.
I have probably been gone for more than 9 years. Honestly, I lost track. ^_^

A

Alexei

My name is Alexei. I'm a composer and sound designer for media. I am expert in adding the final touch of life to your projects via music and audio. I have composed for many genres of games and film, using a varied range of instruments, both acoustic and electronic.

You can find my work at https://soundcloud.com/alexei_ost

If you need music or any other audio solution for your project, write me to [email protected]

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/alexei_ost
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/ibaural
Twitter: https://twitter.com/alexei_ost
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ib_aural/

L

Ludo Design

I'm Tony.

I have been an outsider to game development communities for many years, studying more for computer engineering or web development. My primary aim is to find work, here, but I additionally aim to step further into game dev communities and build friendly relationships with others.

R

RedAlice

Hi there, GM Community!

Username: RedAlice
Name: Alice
Where you're from: Germany
How long you've been using Game Maker: a few months so far
Any cool games you've made: I'm still too overwhelmed to actually finish anything
Personality Type: INFP/Genki GirlTM
Other things about yourself: I've always loved making up stories in my head and making games will hopefully prove to be the right thing to share these little stories with the world XD I'm also easily bribed by cookies or chocolate (and arguably childish in nature)

Toodles

S

Squirtle Plays

• Hi I would prefer not to share any personnel details but for purposes of fun hi I'm Squirtle I run a Youtube channel called Squirtle Plays I'm new to making games and coding and just yeah I did this because the profile page told me to

Digitalizer

I'm Digitalizer, nice to meet you all! I'm using Game Maker Studio 2 since august and I posted a demo of the game I'm making. :D It's name is, for now, Foxstorm, the same as the protagonist.

I love programming, drawing and making game mechanics.

Reactions: Rob
D

DevInTheMaking

Username: DevInTheMaking

Name: Shane
Where you're from: NY
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 Week.
Any cool games you've made: The Arena Shooter and BreakThrough GML tutorials.

I was introduced to Game Maker like 10+ years ago back in college. I was never serious with it and quickly fell off. I love what I do for a living but 9 years behind a desk has left me feeling uninspired. I am attempting to rekindle my creativity and thought a medium where art, music and story telling are working together to create an experience would be fun. The game I am dreaming to make is a 2D, pixel art, escape room game with a good story behind it. Inspired by movies like Exam/Fermat's Room/Saw/Escape Room (2017). I'm looking to learn all I can here and working in GMS2 to slowly make this a reality.