Introduce Yourself

S

Shradhha Jain

Hello all I am new here.
i am from India and love programming. I love games and adventure glad to be here.

C

Curry

Hello everyone,
I've been playing around with GameMaker on and off since I was a kid (I think I first tried GameMaker in 2007).
I've tried making a lot of different games throughout the years, but never really finished any of them. I kind of gave up for a while, but now I've decided to try my hand at it again.
I'm considering buying GameMaker Studio 2 but the permanent license is a bit expensive for me, so for now I'm just going to play around with the trial version.

M

mamacato

Hi everyone.

Username: mamacato
Other usernames from past and present:
GhostLack (ma thiếu)
Name: Tebecherani
Where you're from: yul, icn, han, dad
How long you've been using Game Maker: ~3 months. Also many years ago I used RPG maker and Dink Smallwood mod maker.
Any cool games you've made: Making 3 cool games at the moment. It's hard. But, one at a time. And I heard anyone can do it with determination and the community's support. <3
Personality Type: Maybe a shy bard. But that's not how I imagine myself.

Other things about yourself: I dabbled in biology, then teaching and managing teachers, and I quit everything. Lived in Asia a bit. From the province of Québec. Just chilling now for hopefully ever. Making a game? Finding the good vibes where I can.

Last edited:
P

ProjectNosebleedBusiness

Hello All!

My name is Chris and I am looking to develop a game concept I have. It is a boxing strategy game, not a button masher. The fights will be simulated with the game's focus being on building a stable of fighters to become a financially successful boxing promoter, manager or trainer.

My ideas come from industry knowledge, having worn every hat in the boxing industry. From fighter, to trainer, to manager and promoter.

My credentials and real life experience will greatly help to make the game as realistic as possible.

I have been a boxing writer and publicist for over 15 years. My boxing writing skills are second to none. I am also a boxing historian, only going back to the 70s though. I have covered live professional boxing from ringside. My experience is vast having covered and written play by play type boxing reports on over 1,000 fights. Everything from 4 round preliminaries to 12 round championship fights in Vegas. I covered Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley from ringside. I believe my fight reports would be invaluable to the boxing play by play in the game.

My company is Under Dawgs Boxing. We promoted 3 shows in 2016 with mild success.

I have managed many pro fighters including Manuel Perez, Olympic alternate Torrence Daniel's and 2002 national golden gloves winner Larry Gonzales and a host of other club level boxers. Kenny Lemos nearly upset James Toney on a club level show here in Colorado, we boxed out of the same gym and he was the first fighter I signed to the Under Dawgs roster.

Boxing is a very 'grimy and dirty' sport on the business side. I would love to bring a very real insight to a new game.

Heck I've even filled in as a round card girl, lol.

My working title has been, "The Nosebleed Business: The Fix is ALWAYS in..."

I have also been a gamer since the Atari 2600 came out in the 80s and played every boxing game ever made.

Would like to hear from you and get your thoughts on my idea.

Rob

Hello All!

My name is Chris and I am looking to develop a game concept I have. It is a boxing strategy game, not a button masher. The fights will be simulated with the game's focus being on building a stable of fighters to become a financially successful boxing promoter, manager or trainer.

My ideas come from industry knowledge, having worn every hat in the boxing industry. From fighter, to trainer, to manager and promoter.

My credentials and real life experience will greatly help to make the game as realistic as possible.

I have been a boxing writer and publicist for over 15 years. My boxing writing skills are second to none. I am also a boxing historian, only going back to the 70s though. I have covered live professional boxing from ringside. My experience is vast having covered and written play by play type boxing reports on over 1,000 fights. Everything from 4 round preliminaries to 12 round championship fights in Vegas. I covered Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley from ringside. I believe my fight reports would be invaluable to the boxing play by play in the game.

My company is Under Dawgs Boxing. We promoted 3 shows in 2016 with mild success.

I have managed many pro fighters including Manuel Perez, Olympic alternate Torrence Daniel's and 2002 national golden gloves winner Larry Gonzales and a host of other club level boxers. Kenny Lemos nearly upset James Toney on a club level show here in Colorado, we boxed out of the same gym and he was the first fighter I signed to the Under Dawgs roster.

Boxing is a very 'grimy and dirty' sport on the business side. I would love to bring a very real insight to a new game.

Heck I've even filled in as a round card girl, lol.

My working title has been, "The Nosebleed Business: The Fix is ALWAYS in..."

I have also been a gamer since the Atari 2600 came out in the 80s and played every boxing game ever made.

Would like to hear from you and get your thoughts on my idea
There's always room for more simulation games like this. Personally one of the games I want to make eventually will be a Fantasy Gladiator simulator. It's a similar concept in some ways - you create a stable of fighters, train them in different fighting style, create/buy new weapons armor and even send them on quests to explore new lands and peoples (read: New fighting slaves to be bought). The fighting would be completely automated but I haven't ironed out all the gameplay problems that I see with it, and the fighting mechanics have to be spot on but I get stuck with that too!

There is a gladiator game called Age of Gladiators: https://store.steampowered.com/app/442500/Age_of_Gladiators/

It shares the ideas of having a stable of fighters, simulates some injuries and has permadeath - as well as automated combat and I think it's a good base to work from but I envisage a lot more for my simulation game.

Domina: https://store.steampowered.com/app/535230/Domina/ is more of an action-orientated game and doesn't really feel like a proper simulation game to me, although the art style is what I would go for.

P

ProjectNosebleedBusiness

I took a look at those games and yes the possibilities are endless with fantasy warriors especially weapons, spells, etc.

C

C272

Hi! I'm C272, previously known as literally nothing else. (I'm not a very varied person :D)
I'm from the UK, and I've been using GM for around 2 years now.

I've not made any cool games yet, but am working on a couple.
My personality type is INTJ.

Hello to all on the forums!

Username: HeWhoShallNotBeNamed
Name: Really?
Personality Type: Poison/Flying
How Long I've Been Using GameMaker: I toyed around with the trial version of GMS1 a few years ago. I've been using GMS2 since August.
Cool Games I've Made: Just some small things to teach myself to code.
Cool Games I'm Making: Currently biting off more than I can chew with an RPG.

S

Steevo

I'm Steevo.

You can call me 'Steevo', 'Steve', 'Steevinator', or 'Steevneham Lincoln'.

L

Linuxydable

Username: Linuxydable

Name: John Benard
Where you're from: France
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 year
Any cool games you've made: (In Development) Astroïd

Other things about yourself: I want to be a indie developer and make some cool indies games. ^^

D

darkstar

Username: osk2001
Old GMC Username:

Name: darkstar
Where you're from: korea
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1day
Any cool games you've made: Nop!
Personality Type: hero

N

nam.nguyen.cs

Username: nam.nguyen.cs

Name: Nam Nguyen
Where you're from: Vietnam
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 months
Any cool games you've made: (Not yet)
Personality Type: Humorous

Other things about yourself: "Coding and programming to save my life"

L

Lucis Heirus Ardor

Username : Lucis Heirus Ardor

Name : Kevin
Where you're from : Indonesia
How long you've been using Game Maker : Starting from today :)
Any cool game you've made ; None, never, just gonna start making from now :)
Personality Type : ESFP-T

Other things about myself : I'm going to learn how to make a game for now on, please guide me to the best way to be a game developer Thankyou!
(My english is bad, if i have any grammar that mistaken, please don't feel distrubed :) )

Sumbeard

Username: Sumbeard
Also use LudumLoligo for some things game-dev specific (same green face usually ;P)

Where you're from: Montana, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: Year-ish
Any cool games you've made:
Helped with a Javascript game called We Must Prepare. Currently I'm working on my own game in GMS called Loligocide
Personality Type: Yes

Other stuff: Skier, Coffee addict, Gloriously semi-self-employed (at least that's what I tell myself, haha), random Minecraft video maker, got a C.S. degree and some point I think...

S

steroho

Username: steroho
Old GMC Username: didn't have one
Other usernames from past and present: blueballpointpen, sholms

Name: Steve
Where you're from: IL
How long you've been using Game Maker: not much really, I was first introduced through the gm8 pro trial and did some of the tutorials
Any cool games you've made: no
Personality Type: private

B

bloober

Hello my name is bloober but you you may call me Mr. Bloober. I like to eat things and do lots of stuff. This includes cool stuff, new stuff, old stuff, and random stuff.

G

graysonZ80

Hullo!

Username: graysonZ80
Name: Anthony Grayson
Where you're from: Miami, Florida
How long you've been using Game Maker: Eleven years(!)
Any cool games you've made: Various - I most recently contributed to Cosmic Heist as a composer and sound designer
Other things about yourself: I'm a Game Boy Color and SNES fiend first and foremost - talk to me about anything pertaining to those consoles!

B

BenSunhoof

Hullo!

Username: graysonZ80
Name: Anthony Grayson
Where you're from: Miami, Florida
How long you've been using Game Maker: Eleven years(!)
Any cool games you've made: Various - I most recently contributed to Cosmic Heist as a composer and sound designer
Other things about yourself: I'm a Game Boy Color and SNES fiend first and foremost - talk to me about anything pertaining to those consoles!
Wow, eleven years? That's awesome! Any particular games you've made that I can have a look at?

B

BenSunhoof

Username: BenSunhoof
Where from: USSR (well, you know, Russia)
How long I've been using GMS: Uhhh... a day or two?
Any cool games I've made: There's this one game I've made up in my mind, the only thing I keep seeing from it is a top down view at houses where you click on them and gold particles come out. I don't even know.
Other things about myself: I really want to keep doing something, but I always get bored after a week of work. Let's see how my GameMaker run turns out.

Cameron

Hi my name is Cameron and I'm a music composer primarily interested in doing music for awesome games that get finished. I'm in the process of building a portfolio right now so nothing to really show off at the moment.
I live in the States that aren't so united right now :( Hopefully that changes soon and we can return to glory as a cool country :)
Anyhow, enough about politics. I also love game design and video games in general and have worked on a lot of games myself. I actually do some programming for a company on the side right now and have been experimenting with another game engine as well.
As far as GMS goes I have about 6 years of experience, if I'm doing my math right.
I'm primarily trying to shift my focus to doing music for games and movies though.
I think I will probably find someone to do some music for on the next team game jam so if you are in need of someone hit me up and if I'm not taken yet I will join your squad :)
Other than music, games and movies my life basically involves eating, sleeping, and trying to get some cardio in for my heart and my mind.
I wish there was more time in the day or life had a pause button so you could cram everything in. Or maybe just a reload button to make up for wasted time and do things better on the re-do :p

T

the519

My name is the519 and I am a new member of the yoyogames. I enjoy reading reddit threads, fortnite, and working out occasionally. Looking forward to being part of this active community!

P

Petit Nuage

Username: Petit Nuage
Other usernames from past and present: BLT

My name is Frédéric Hoareau and il live in Réunion Island. A french department lost in indian ocean. Between Madagascar and Mauritius Island.
I'm using GMS2 2month ago.
I never did a video game but it's the reason i'm here
Personality Type: im a curious and pretty obstinate. My english is really bad.

Other things about yourself: Love sport, , Natural environment.
GMS 2 is my first software for do videogame.

W

willthetarget

Hi guys! I'm Will... I have little programming/game making experience, but I picked it up not so long ago and it's been a fun ride so far!

I'm mostly interested in composing game music though. When I'm not at my computer working on my hobbies, I'm playing tabletop games, Switch/PS4 games or at school or work. Look forward to working with everyone! :D

C

cglandchow

Username: cglandchow

Name: Zhouke
Where you're from: China
How long you've been using Game Maker: less than 1 month
Any cool games you've made: not any cool game yet,cause I work for an outsourcing company right now ,and it's in game art creation fields

Other things about yourself:I'm not literally a game maker or game artist ,I just want some fantanstic partners for my company ,if you are interested ,do not hesitate to contact me! Sounds like a very advertised post (But sincerely LOL

C

China_Fans

用户名:China_Jia
老GMC用户名:: null

名称称:Jia Jia
年龄:28
你从哪儿是:China
你一直在使用游戏制造商多长时间:2year
你所做的任何酷游戏:I like it very much GameMaker ,We have a lot of our own GameMaker group, hope it can better support Chinese!
I am handsome and humourous. I hope to have a foreign wife.~~哈哈!

关于你自己其他的事情:China welcomes any of you, my love!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Paradog

Hey everyone!

I've recently moved on to Game Maker 2 from trying to make some of my own games with Construct and Unity. For my purposes, I feel like GM is a suitable compromise between the two in terms of what I'll be able to make.

I really wanted to develop on Unity for a long time, but besides having some problems properly learning C#, overall it always felt like an ill-fitting glove. I'm not much of a programmer, but I'm hoping to get into it easier with GM eventually, while hopefully releasing a few games.

I'm going to start developing my games, first of which will be a small one, one of those "meta" games you see sometimes that aren't what they at first seem. I've been dreaming big but it's time to get something done since it's just me working on my own projects for now. I'm more of a creative type rather than a programming brainiac, I compose all kinds of music and draw. Hope to see you all around the forums!

L

Lawz123

Username: Lawz123

Name: Ford
Where you're from: Canada
How long you've been using Game Maker: A couple weeks.
Any cool games you've made: Cool games? No.

Other things about yourself: I'm a male. I'm also subscribed to PewDiePie.

Didjynn

Hello fellows, I'm Didjynn. THE Didjynn :D

In the reality (but is there such a world ?) I'm Jeremy, 27 years old and I'm french (and living in France for now).

I'm using Game Maker for 2 years now (maybe a little more) and I made my first complete game less than a month ago : Suprapong

What else to say ? I love insects, I read a lot (about science, philosophy and I love sci-fi stories) and watch a lot of movies.

My personnality seem to be "The Logician" INTP-T

Nice to finally discover this presentation subject... and I was here for a while

K

Koekenbakker28

Username: Koekenbakker28

Name:
Jorr
Where you're from: Netherlands
How long you've been using Game Maker: 4 months
Any cool games you've made: a remake of SuperMeatBoy for my marriage (called SuperMarriageBoy)
Personality Type: me?

Other things about yourself: Web developer for a living, but have a dream to make an awesome game one day...

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Username: Koekenbakker28

Name:
Jorr
Where you're from: Netherlands
How long you've been using Game Maker: 4 months
Any cool games you've made: a remake of SuperMeatBoy for my marriage (called SuperMarriageBoy)
Personality Type: me?

Other things about yourself: Web developer for a living, but have a dream to make an awesome game one day...
Ik hou heel veel van koekjes, leuk dat je die ook kunt bakken!

L

Lorp

Hello world!!
introducing myself.
I live in the great white north and just tooling around with this Game Maker thing.

M

Mabec

Username: Mabec

Name:
Martin
Where you're from: Europe
How long you've been using Game Maker: ~2
Any cool games you've made: No, but iam in the making of creating something in GM:S with a super talented team

Other things about yourself: No

L

Lorp

Name: Lorp

just a hobbyist tooling around with this. I have some experience with python and java a dabbled in c++.
I was making a game in python and figured I should move to a tool that can produce an executable file.

L

Lorp

really I'm just trying to post a question and don't see any buttons to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Misu

really I'm just trying to post a question don't see any buttons to do so.
There is no such thing as a button for posting your questions. All you need to do is post normally at the corresponding subforum. In which subforum is dependent to what you are asking for.

L

Lambda01

Username: Lambda

Name: (UwU) or (OwO) ?
Where you're from: FRANCE
How long you've been using Game Maker: 5years

I like to make videogames (no really ??) i do "everything" (exept 3/4 of the particles effects in my games), i prefer the rpg style and have never tried to do little games.

B

Benveloper

Hey hey hey

Username: Benveloper

Old GMC Username: None

Other usernames from past and present: None

Name: Ben (Shocking, right?)
Where you're from: Sweden

How long you've been using Game Maker: New actually, combined time of maybe 10 hours? I'm fairly new to practical development as the graphical/art part of it scares me. But recently decided to give this thing a try.

Any cool games you've made: Oh there's so many, I'm the best game developer there is after all. (Sarcasm, I've made none). I am however interested in making storybased games and P&C's, as they are my favorite to this day.

Personality Type: ISTP-T, the Virtuoso.

Looking forward getting more involved in GameMaker and the community!

W

WaywardSon

Username: WaywardSon
Old GMC Username:

Name:
Where you're from: United States
How long you've been using Game Maker: 15 minutes
Any cool games you've made:
Personality Type:

Other things about yourself:

Silb

Hello! I used to be an active Yoyogames member about 10 years ago, made some games, made some friends and good times were had. A few years back my passion for making games reignited and now I'm back, hopefully to share both old and new games for you guys.

S

Sakuro

Username:Mip Pim, or you can call me Sakuro

Name: private
Where you're from:France
How long you've been using Game Maker: 6 months
Any cool games you've made: If you think it's cool enough, I made Space War KTA 2 (vGM) which is available on gamejolt.
Personality Type: In french, you can say I'm "Tête en l'air".

Other things about yourself:Not much to say, except I just want some fun ;-) !

B

BrunoBartollo

Username: Bruno Bartollo
Old GMC Username: Anon
Other usernames from past and present: ZeroIsHere and BartIsDead (Yeah, I know...)

Name: Bruno Bartollo (Yes, I'm an idiot)
Where you're from: Brazil
How long you've been using Game Maker: I've been using it for about 4 or 5 months
Any cool games you've made: None.
Personality Type: Serious and not very amusing at parties

Other things about yourself: I'm a music producer, I work mainly with soundtracks for games and movies but I try making some solo stuff too. If you'd like some work done for your game, hit me up :)

Z

zynclori

Username: zynclori

Name:
Feel free to call me zyn!
Where you're from: Australia
How long have you been using Gamer Maker: Just started! So maybe a week or two?
Any cool games you've made: None so far besides some tests I've made by following Youtube tutorials...
Personality type: INFP-T

Other thing about yourself:
My main creative outlet is art and although I've been playing games since 7 years old, this is my first attempt at making games! I'm completely hopeless at coding as I'm just starting out, but I'm hoping to improve over time....

B

bumpercarstudios

Hi all,

My name is Austin Marsh. Bumper Car Studios is the little company my brother and I started to chase our development interests.

We are in our 30s.

We live in northeast America (specifically, Maine)

We're currently making "The Adventures of Sullivan" (we made a post about it in the work in progress forum)

We've browsed through the yo yo games forums quite a bit over the last few years when running into coding troubles! Glad to be here.

B

blandanablandana

Hello and goodbye. I had fun for about a week. There are some good people here. But something really turned me off today.

It'll be a while before I come back I think. Thanks to the people who actually talked to me and enjoyed what I was able to share.

Goodbye. I'm deleting my account.

G

Gino Collins

Username: Gino Collins
Old GMC Username: none
Other usernames from past and present: none

Name: Gino Collins
Where you're from: Canada
How long you've been using Game Maker: A few weeks
Any cool games you've made: not yet
Personality Type: MEDIATOR (INFP-T)

Other things about yourself: Enjoy games, talking games, making games, drawing, painting, reading...

S

Starbox Games

Username: Starbox Games
Old GMC Username: Secret ;3
Other usernames from past and present: none

Name: Starbox Games
Where you're from: USA - East coast
How long you've been using Game Maker: 11 years.
Any cool games you've made: Wandering Star.

Extra stuff about me:

Game design has been my dream when I was little. Pour life meant very few new things, and just never found games that were for what I was hoping to play. Then I found GM 6, downloaded onto the Windows XP laptop and just had fun. (was 10 at this time) In 2-3 days, already had made my first game. A basic airplane scrolling shooter. Soon after, started trying remake lots of my fav 2d games with little success. Now 11 years later, Trying to turn my dream of being an indie game dev for my real life job. Created "Starbox Games - Creativity Unleashed" and spending years on games to sell and hopefully make it. Just got my most recent game posted up on steam and can't be more excited! Now it is all about to keep on pushing, updates, and work with the community.

dialgpalkia

Username: dialgpalkia
Old GMC Username: dialgpalkia
Other usernames from past and present: GarGira, The Fruitcake

Name: Samuel
Where you're from: Australia
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since 2012
Any cool games you've made: Nothing that has made it particularly far through production due to my lack of artistic skill.
Personality Type: Commander (ENTJ-A)

Other things about yourself: I just completed a degree in Theoretical Astrophysics and I will (hopefully) be moving to France this year to train as a Project Management Consultant. I also lived in Japan for two years, learning fluent Japanese.

Y

yasientrabih23

Name: yasien trabih
Where's you're from: the netherlands
How long you've been using Game Maker:
for the very first time
Any cool games you've made: Nothing
Personality Type:
Get to know me yourself.